𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐒

❝Hey, It's Daphne. Sorry I didn't answer your call. I'm most likely busy, or just too lazy to answer.❞

❝Hey you've reached Doug, sorry I missed your call. Please leave a name and number and I'll get back to you.❞

❝Hi! You've reached Dr. Stuart Price with divine dentistry. Please leave a message after the--❞

❝Hey this is Phil. Leave me a message, or don't. Do me a favor, don't text me. It's gay.❞

❞

"Ahem, Tracy, it's Phil." He held the phone up to his ear, nervousness painted all over his face. A couple feet away, there Daphne was, pacing back and forth, biting her nails and whispering curses under her breath.

"Phil, where the hell are you guys?" Tracy stood up abruptly from her seat, interrupting the hair stylists from what they were doing. "I'm freaking out."

Daphne got nervous and fidgeted with the hem of her shirt as she snatched the phone from Phil. "Listen, Tracy, I fucked up. No- we fucked up. I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry." She continued to bite her nails as tears brimmed her eyes. She looked up at Phil, lip quivering.

"What are you talking about, Daphe?" Tracy spoke, anxiously and a bit angrily through the phone. Her voice was hushed as she moved away from the people in the room.

"The whole night, it went to shit. Things got out of control and....a lot of things happened. We lost Doug." It hurt Daphne to admit it, but it was true. They had no clue where Doug was.

As tears fell from her eyes, Phil pulled her into a hug and took the phone back. "What?" Now Tracy was a bit more worried and mad than anxious.

"We can't find Doug." Phil repeated, resting his chin on Daphne's head as she cried for her brother. He comforted her, feeling upset that he lost his best friend. The one person they were supposed to look after, was missing.

"What are you saying, Phil? We're getting married in five hours." Tracy's voice got a bit louder and more stern.

"Yeah. That's not gonna happen." He watched as Daphne moved away from his grasp and grabbed the phone again.

"Trace,  I'm so sorry." She winced as she pressed her lips into a thin line. Her lip began to bleed again from the small slit on her top lip.

Where was Doug? And how did they lose him?