one;; enchanted

—song fic //inspired by// Enchanted by Owl City—

Nico leaned against the wall, his gaze on the ground. For the past hour, he's been faking his smiles and laughs; his physical body was there, but he was never really there. He's thought about shadow-travelling out of here about a hundred times in the last five minutes, but he knew he would be in major trouble if he did, because some of his friends forced him to go here. The argument wasn't fun—and it definitely did not end up with Nico winning. Stupid little schists.

Suddenly someone tapped on his shoulder, making him shake out of his thoughts. "Hey, Nico." Reyna said, smiling at him. Suddenly Nico's chest hammered from the moments of him and Reyna had during the quest-where-we-almost-died-about-a-hundred-times-in-one-day and he almost stuttered. "Hey, Reyna." He smiled, blushing lightly. Thank gods for the darkness, he thought.

"Percy and the guys forced you to go here, huh?" The praetor asked. Nico nodded.

"Hazel, Piper and Annabeth forced me here as well. Luckily I got to convince them not to put me in a dress." She laughed lightly. Nico chuckled. "I would've killed them if they did."

"You know, you would look good in a dress." Nico suddenly realized what he said then stammered. "I mean, you would look good in a dress, but you don't necessarily need to wear one and you already look good in your robes and—and uh—yeah." Reyna laughed for a moment, and she put her hand on Nico's shoulder. The part where she touched tingled with warmth. "Don't worry Nico, I understand." Reyna was still smiling from Nico's outburst.

"Mind if I stay here?" Reyna asked, and Nico nodded. "Sure." Reyna dropped her small sling bag on the ground and turned to Nico. "So," she started, "how's life in Camp Half-Blood?
And that was how their night lasted. The two of them simply stayed by together, side-by-side. Talking, whispering and simply being there for each other. At one point, they stared at each for a moment too long, but they didn't look away; in fact, both of them leaned closer to each other, hearts hammering in their chests. When their lips were only a few inches away from each other, a pair of interrupting coughs made them jump away from each other, both of them blushing madly. "So..." Percy was grinning, along with the rest of the Seven. "Two of you...having fun?" The son of Poseidon asked. "We—we were just..." Nico tried to conjure up a word, but Reyna saved him. Both of them, actually.

"We were just talking." She said with confidence in her voice, although her cheeks were still a burning crimson red. "Seems like your talk was levelling up to something a bit intimate, wasn't it?" Leo questioned, eyebrow raised with a smirk on his face. The praetor and the ghost king blushed—if it was even possible—deeper. "We—uh—I, you know what, Piper, Hazel, Annabeth let's go." Reyna grabbed Hazel's and Annabeth's hands while Piper led the way. Percy, Frank, Leo and Jason told Nico that they'd be staying a bit longer, and the prince of death nodded, saying that he'd be fine. Nico turned around to get some water from the buffet table blessed by Hecate, but then his foot bumped on something. He looked down curiously, and he realized that Reyna left her sling bag. Knowing that it had some important things in there, he grabbed the bag and ran to the exit where Reyna left.

After a few minutes of getting out of the accursed party hall of Camp Demigod, he was able to reach Piper's car (honestly too obvious. Feathers, pink and all those Aphrodite things Nico will never understand) that was still unmoving; and Reyna was still outside, the three other girls still trying to get comfortable.

"Reyna!" The boy yelled, waving to get her attention. Reyna turned and ran towards him, seeing him bringing her sling bag. Once they met about a meter away from the car, Nico handed over the sling bag. "I knew there was something missing." Reyna said, putting it over her head. "Thanks, ghost king." She said, smiling. "Anytime, praetor." Nico smiled back at her. Reluctant, Nico turned away. Then he felt a hand on his arm, and he turned back to see Reyna. "Hey, uh, thanks for tonight." She said. "It was...pretty enchanted." She smiled, and before Nico could react, she kissed him.

Suddenly, everything stopped.

Time stood still.

The Ghost King simply stood there, surprised. The feel of the girl's lips overcame him; and in a moment, his eyes closed and kissed her back.

After what almost felt like an eternity (Nico wanted it to be that, though) they reluctantly broke apart, and Nico's lip still tingled from the girl's own against his. "Now that," he murmured loud enough for Reyna to hear. "That was enchanting."

//end//