Adventures

LACEY

When I woke up on the first morning of tour, I wasn't expecting what I saw.

Alex and Jack were hovering over my bed with creepy smiles on their faces. At first, I thought nothing of it and turned over, thinking that they'd go away eventually. It was when I felt Alex tickling my foot which made me realise that it was time to get up. I kicked my leg out, managing to hit his jaw unintentionally and causing a groan in pain to escape from his mouth. I heard Jack's laughter and smiled as I pulled myself up out of my bed and slipped on my slippers.

"That wasn't very nice!" Alex complained. I rolled my eyes and whacked him with one of my slippers before I pulled them onto my feet. "Ow!"

"Get out, asshole." I told him, he pulled a fake frown and shuffled out of the room through the doorway. It was enough to make a smile appear on my face as I watched, but he soon shuffled back into the room to drag Jack with him. As he left the room, I smiled at him; it was a smile which he quickly returned with one of his own as he closed the door. 

"Bus leaves in an hour!" Alex yelled from outside. That was when I began to panic. I had to shower, dress and finish packing in an hour?

Despite my clumsiness, I managed to get most things done in record time, although my 20 minute shower was completely normal. I dried and threw my hair up into a high pony tail and put on my glasses, as didn't have the time to put my contacts in. With my hair dry and makeup already applied so that my eyes looked smoky, I was pleased with my appearance and I grabbed my suitcase. I was so excited, seeing as this would be the first time the guys performed for real audiences outside of Baltimore. I was so proud of them, and I couldn't wait to be a part of it.

When I got downstairs after I made sure I had everything, I noticed the house was empty. The guys had taken their suitcases out of the house already, and I opened the front door which lay at the bottom of the stairs in confusion. To my surprise, I saw a tour bus. It wasn't even a shitty RV I expected them to have on their first tour. It was a coach sized machine which I was sure was like a tardis on the inside. 

Rian ran up to me and grabbed my suitcase for me, smiling as he carried it toward the door and climbed in. I still had my sachel over my shoulder. It was black with the My Chemical Romance logo on the front and was filled with my scrapbook, sketch book and song book. I had also packed my favourite headphones and a tin filled with pens and pencils, and some professional looking drawing pencils and charcoal. I needed a creative outlet while we were on tour, so I decided it would be the perfect time to start filling the books. 

"Lace!" Jack called from the bus. I walked over to the bus and smiled at him. Her was wearing his glasses too and I blushed a little at the coincidence. "I forgot you wore glasses." He laughed, going a little pink too.

"I didn't have time to out my contacts in because someone let me sleep in." I said loud enough for Alex to hear me. He popped his head around the corner and flipped me off. I returned the rude gesture and continued to talk to Jack. "Well, at least we both look like moles now." I joked.

"Alex! Your ass of a sister called me a mole!" Jack complained. I laughed and pushed his shoulder. 

"Let me past, ass hat." 

*** 

Our parents would have had to come with us for the tour if we didn't get a driver. It was only because we were all under-age and Zack's license stated that he must have a parent or suitable guardian present. Of course, we couldn't let Jack drive, and Alex hadn't drove a bus before. Zack's dad had asked around, and eventually he found someone qualified to drive for us. Her name was Jen, and she was really sweet. She was Zack's cousin so we had all met her before. I got along with her really well, and I was grateful for the female company along the journey.