Book 1. Chapter 6

Start from the beginning

"How did you know about it?" Viktor was curious.

"You aren't the only ones who know that guy.. or what I have to say right now... my "father"."

"What?!" he gasped.

Tanya frowned. She learned about her estranged grandfather... the man who never loved his son and would find pleasure in tormenting him and his family.

"So, that guy... Osman... was her..."

"Yes, he knows I'm his granddaughter." Tanya interrupted.

Viktor said nothing. He held her hand tighter. They found a taxi and told the driver to take them to the airport. They said nothing there and watched the city one more time before leaving.

They reached quickly. They had time left, so they went in a cafe.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Viktor questioned.

"We don't talk about him at all."

"It's a long sad story." Jonah answered. "We can forget about it."

Viktor wanted to know more about it, Tanya shook her head. IT was the first time he found out his godfather and , hopefully, his future father-in-law, had secrets. And Tanya stayed silent which made him wonder if the rest of the family was affected by it.

"So,,," Jonah broke the silence. "I've heard about the new Bureau team."

"Yep... I'm disappointed at agents... well... at Flora."

"What about the others? Are there any familiar faces?"

"Yes... little Clayton and June."

"No fucking way! You're joking!" Jonah tried to contain the joy.

"I'm not! Well... June got along very well. As for Jason, it took her weeks to convince him that she got the job fair and square."

"Why tho?"

"He didn't like her and thought Chris would join."

Viktor was listening to the father and daughter talking about their friends and didn't understand anything. 

"I think I should leave! I won't bother you!"

"We'll call you!" Tanya promised.

Viktor left the cafe and had a peaceful walk in the airport. It was a good idea to let them talk without being interrupted for no significant reason.

"What about Sanjay?" Jonah asked.

"He's Antarctica. He had got the offer a few months before June joined."

Jonah took a sip of coffee and thought about something.

"Papa?"

"Josef told me about you and Viktor. Care to explain?" He grinned.

"Well..." Tanya blushed. "We have a good time together..."

"If Viktor had told you from the start, I would hear the wedding bells right now!"

"Papa, no!" she burried her red face. "Why so soon?"

"What? You've been friends since childhood! He was there when you were at your lowest back then. And he's perfect! Listen! He's the man everyone would fight for! No ounce of toxic shit! No ounce of hate! He's the perfect man for you! And you know how much I want you and Kiara be happy! Kiara and Rob are engaged. I'm waiting for the same news from you both soon!" he winked.

"Well... we'll think about it!" she blushed.

"No "think"! You will do it! I know you will get married sooner or later!" he smiled like he predicted the future with no concern.