❛𝐀 𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐋❜

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

3rd Person POV

Yeon and Ji Ah went on a date to celebrate her birthday. They both were strolling in the park when they saw Rang walking in a different direction all by himself. They both jogged to catch up to him.

"Rang!" Yeon called his brother's name. "What are you doing here?"

Looking at the couple, Rang frowned. "What are you doing here?"

"I asked first." Yeon retaliated.

Rolling his eyes he answered, "I'm here to see that old man after hearing the rumours."

Yeon and Ji Ah followed Rang's line of sight to see a booth set up by the man they tried so hard to find.

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

"Is it true?" Rang asked eyeing the old man. "That you're one of the Ten Lords of the World of the Dead?"

"The Lord of Five Ways of the Cycle of Samsara. The Tenth Lord of the World of the Dead, ruling the Hell of Darkness and the one who makes the final judgment is me." he dramatically introduced himself.

"I make decisions on your next lives too." he said removing his black glasses.

"You said you decide on the next lives. Does that mean-"

"Right. I'm in charge of reincarnation." he answered Rang's question.

"Reincarnation?" Ji Ah echoed.

"Then are you here because of Choi Hye Jin?" Yeon questioned.

"The King of the Dead's sister ruling the Stream of the Dead was bombarding the Ten Lords with phone calls, so I came, but we're not a charity." the old man said with a scowl. "So you know the rules right?" he said smirking at the three.

"We must exchange it with the most precious thing we have, right?" Rang said knowingly. "I will do it. I can do it if Hye Jin can come back."

"What if you cannot meet her even if she comes back?" the old man said.

"What?"

"Reincarnation is random. She could be born years later."

"Then bring her back as she was and right now. You're already doing a favour just add that detail too." Yeon said already annoyed with all his chatter.

"Just bring her back." Rang spoke surprisingly softly. "Begin the deal."

"Now." he said turning the hourglass over so that the sand inside drops down. "Before all of this sand falls, offer me an item I would absolutely love." he smiled viciously.

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

"I'll do it." Rang said after five minutes.

"Tell me." The Lord says.

"Hye Jin is precious to me and right now I only have memories I made with her and have of her. So I'll sell them."

"I don't buy memories." he disagreed with the offer.

"That's the only thing I have of her because she sacrificed her life and left us before we could have anything that's more precious than her." Rang yelled. "So you better take them and bring her back!"

"Rang." Yeon placed his hand on Rang's shoulder to calm him down.

Yeon then looked at the man and spoke. "You heard what he said. So you better make work with the memories." he said calmly.

"Do you really think I'll put up with that attitude of yours?!" the old man yelled in rage. "I'll cancel the deal-"

"Please!" Ji Ah cried out. "What if I give my memories too?" she offered in hope.

The Lord sat in thought while the three anxiously waited for his ruling.

"If you three give me the memories you made with her and have of her then I'll seal the deal." he proposed, grinning.

The three looked at each other and nodded subtly. They would rather give away their memories of her than not have her at all.

"We will do it." Yeon spoke for the group.

"Well then," the man grinned, "The deal is made."

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

Posted: August 20, 2023
Edited: X
Words: 658