Chapter 1-10

Chapter 1

In Ningyu Village on a summer night, even the breeze is full of heat. There are many people sitting under the big banyan tree enjoying the shade, holding cattail fans in their hands, and looking excited.

As in the past, the elders and ladies were gossiping, but this time, they were talking about the little widow of the Nie family.

In the entire Ningyu Village, no one knows the little widow of the Nie family whose surname is Chu.

The little widow's name is Chu Wan, her skin is snow-white, her face is as small as a palm, her eyes are shiny and bright, her nose bridge is straight and upturned, coupled with her pink and tender lips, she seems to have stepped out of a painting of.

When Chu Wan came to Ningyu Village for the first time, she went to the educated youth point to report.

The female educated youth who was only eighteen years old at the time had a soft temper and crooked eyes when she smiled. Although she couldn't do any farm work, anyone who saw her couldn't help but help her.

It's just that she would never have imagined that in just two years, that charming young educated girl would become a well-known little widow in the village.

The little widow has a bad life and a bad reputation. Now when the big guys mention her, they all look disgusted, as if they won't be able to catch up in the village if they don't say a few nasty words.

"It's not that I want to talk about her. A woman, on her wedding day, she killed her husband without even seeing him. Isn't it bad luck?"

"Her man is gone, she didn't even shed a tear, her heart is hardened."

"If you don't have a hard heart, you won't be able to dress up like a goblin not long after a man dies. Looking at her eyes, everyone looks like she's trying to seduce someone. In fashionable terms, she's a vixen!"

Everyone said something to me, and finally shook their heads contemptuously.

But at this moment, a voice sounded from not far away: "The little widow has slipped into Captain Gu's room!"

"Really? Where does she have such courage?"

"Battalion Commander Gu has only been in the village not long ago, does she know him? She dares to hook up with him!"

Several aunts and bums were skeptical, but they couldn't beat the excitement of the news, and the group rushed towards the door of Battalion Commander Gu's house after muttering.

It's just that the big guy was trembling while walking.

The little widow is easy to handle, but if they offend the bad-tempered Battalion Commander Gu, will they be unable to bear it?

...

When Gu Xiao returned home, he found that the door was ajar.

He didn't think much about it. After entering, he closed the door tightly and went back to the back room to light the kerosene lamp.

The warm yellow light brightens the inner room.

He was just about to take off his military uniform, when he glanced out of the corner of his eye, his bony fingers suddenly stopped on the shoulder buttons, his face changed slightly.

On his kang, lay a woman with a small face, fine sweat dripped from her forehead, making her black hair stick to her face, making her skin whiter.

She closed her eyes, her slender eyelashes cast deep shadows on her eyes, as if she couldn't sleep well, her eyebrows were furrowed, her eyelashes fluttered slightly, fragile and moving.