Dying to dance!

It's been a couple days since the showcase and I'm excited to go to a competition!

I put my hair into two french braids and put a
Purple crop top with booty shorts. "Maya you ready to go?" Mom shouts upstairs "yeah! Two minutes!" I shout back.

I walk downstairs and eat some breakfast, after food we go into the car and drove over to the studio.

*PYRAMID*
Miss Abby has a very angry look on her face, that's not the best sign.
"I wanna talk about this upcoming weekend, it's regionals everybody knows how important that is we are going to star power you know it's one of the toughest competitions out there." Miss Abby says and reveals the pyramid.

I smile, I'm happy to be on top of the pyramid again!

"This is what is gonna happen for this weekend." Miss Abby starts "Maya new solo." Miss Abby says and I smile

"Maddie new solo." Miss Abby says and I side hug Maddie. "Brooke new solo, Chloe new solo." Miss Abby says.

"Now the age category's are a little different so we wanna make sure that your dances reflects you as a dancer now, not at the beginning of the season." Miss Abby says looking at me and Maddie.

"We are doing a new group dance this weekend and everybody's in it the entire cast. It is called where have all the children gone. This is a routine about children who become missing, you've all seen the children's faces on the milk cartons. It's contemporary,it's mature and it is very dark. You have to be great actresses to pull it off and there all in white like there angels." Miss Abby tells us all.

"I don't want any discrepancies, I don't want any opinions." Miss Abby says to the moms. We start stretching and then we go to studio B to begin learning the group.

*GROUP REHEARSAL*
We start learning the group and it's very different compared to what we've been doing.

"From the top!" Miss Abby says
"1 2 3 4" Miss Abby counts us.
The music is a bit creepy, I don't really understand the lyrics though.

"Come in closer." Miss Abby says and we all huddle around her.
"Your dancing, you're doing the steps, your trying to listen to the words, your not interpreting the story correctly and this is very serious because maybe people in the audience have had a child that's gone missing. You're going to touch someone's heart, this is very serious routine and right now you're just running down some steps and we need to get past that and preform." Miss Abby says

"Do you two understand?" Abby asks vivi and Mackenzie.
They both nod
"It's very serious." Miss Abby says
"Okay dismissed, solos please." Miss Abby says.
Maddie does her solo and then it's finally my turn.

*SOLO REHEARSAL*
This week my solo is a lyrical piece called twisted and I love it!
I have a huge turn combo in this solo and it's really hard!
I try to do my turn but I bobble a bit on the end, "maya! Do not bobble on that!" Miss Abby yells.