Boarding the Hogwarts Express

"Dad, what if I am put in Slytherin?" Albus Potter asked his father nervously on Platform Nine and Three-Quarters in Kings Cross, London. Albus Potter was an 11 year old wizard who was ready to begin his education and adventures at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He had long, dark hair that ended just above his dazzling green eyes. His father, Harry Potter, was a powerful and famous wizard who defeated the Dark Lord, Voldemort, 19 years ago.

"Albus Severus Potter. You were named after two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was the bravest man I've ever known." replied Albus' father.

"But just say that I am." said Albus.

"Then Slytherin house will have gained a wonderful young wizard. But listen, if it really means that much to you, you can choose Gryffindor. The Sorting Hat takes your choice into account." his father answered.

"Really?" asked Albus brightly.

"Really." his father assured. Albus and his father looked at the Hogwarts Express, a gleaming scarlet red steam engine that was waiting for its departure to Hogwarts. It had large white clouds of steam billowing out of it. "Ready?" asked Albus's father.

"Ready." answered Albus bravely. He got up and hugged his father tightly and then started toward the Hogwarts Express. Before he boarded, he turned around and hugged his sister, Lily, mother, Ginny, Uncle Ron, and Aunt Hermione goodbye. He boarded the Hogwarts Express with his older brother James and his cousin Rose. James was 13 and looked just like Albus, except with shorter hair. He was in the Gryffindor house. Rose was tall, with red hair pulled back in a ponytail. She was Ron and Hermione's daughter; it was also her first year.

James split off from the group halfway down the train aisle and went into a compartment with two other third year boys; Albus figured they were his friends. Rose and Albus continued down the aisle looking for an unoccupied compartment. All of them were full, so they chose a compartment towards the back of the train with only one young boy in it.

"Excuse me, are these seats taken?" asked Rose kindly, poking her head into the compartment.

"No, please sit." replied the young boy. He was short, had blonde hair which was slicked back and blue eyes. Albus figured he was a first year as well, judging by the frightened expression on his face. Albus and Rose got into the compartment and shut the door behind them. Albus sat next to the boy and Rose sat across from them.

"Malfoy, Scorpius Malfoy." said the boy, holding out his hand. Rose and Albus both shook his hand and introduced themselves. "Weasley and Potter...I believe my father went to school with yours! Ah, yes, Harry Potter is your father, correct?" asked Scorpius. Albus nodded his head. "I believe that our fathers didn't get along too well, I have heard many stories. I can assure you that our relationship will be different." said Scorpius smirking.

"Definitely!" said Rose. Albus smiled. They continued the long train ride talking about what house they wanted to be sorted into and the stories that their parents had told them about their adventures at Hogwarts. Albus shared a story about his father finding out his Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher was actually a werewolf. Rose told the boys how her mother accidentally turned herself into a cat with a Polyjuice Potion in her second year with her dad and uncle. Scorpius shared a story about his father being turned into a ferret.

After a while, the food trolley came to their compartment.

"Ah, the trolley! Dad gave me a lot of money for sweets!" exclaimed Scorpius. He handed the plump woman pushing the trolley two Galleons and grabbed two Jelly Slugs, a Chocolate Frog and a Cauldron Cake. Albus gave the woman a Sickle, and grabbed some of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans, which he knew were his father's favorite. The trolley left and the children continued talking while eating their sweets.