"Tenn-nii's not here with us right now, but you'll meet him again in the future so you have to do your best too. I promise you," his parents said, "He's doing his best for all of us, so we have to believe in him."

Both parents were obviously still sad about the departure of their eldest son, but they have to put on a brave face for their youngest.

They tried to cheer Riku up the best they could to make him smile. Riku knew his parents were trying to make him happy, but he really missed his brother.

"Mum... dad... I had a weird dream last night," Riku informed them, "I don't remember much about it but I saw a boy here in this room with me. He looked like me but had orange hair and reminded me of Tenn-nii..."

"..."

The two looked at each other speechless, unsure if they should tell Riku the truth.

"There's... something we need to tell you, Ri-chan," his mother spoke in a soft voice. After all, she was still trying to accept the truth after all these years, "You actually have another brother, you see... Tenn-nii's older than him but he's older than you. In other words, you and Tenn-nii aren't just twins, you're actually triplets."

She remembered the day she was told by the doctor she'd be having triplets. The joy the two soon to be parents felt was one she can never forget, but things didn't go so smoothly.

After Tenn was safely born, it could be said differently about the second. He wasn't breathing at all which alarmed the doctors and the baby was taken to the emergency room. Riku was born soon after too. Although they were grateful that two of their sons were healthy, the two parents grieved for their other son.

***

Riku sat watching outside the window. Night has fallen again and visiting hours are over.

His thoughts may be drifting off, but he was truthfully waiting for someone.

There was a shift in the air- he felt it. The boy appeared again, "So... mum and dad told you about me huh..."

"Yup! Come and sit here!" Riku pointed at a chair beside the bed. The boy nodded and did as told, "So... you're my brother...?"

"Yeah... but I'm no longer alive."

"But you're still my brother! What's your name?" Riku asked.

"Mum and dad named me Umi I think..."

"So Umi-nii then!" his smile was wide, trying to cheer the other up.

"Umi-nii..." Umi repeated what Riku said.

He had felt so alone all these years, but he watched Riku and Tenn grow up. He couldn't talk to his own family as none of them could see or hear him, so he could only talk to other spirits, though the chances of encountering one is very low.

Noticing how Umi seems to be quiet, Riku asked, "Is something wrong...?"

"N-no... nothing is wrong. I'm just... happy." he replied.

"So can no one else see you? Why can I see you then?"

"No one can see me, yes, but I suspect it was because you were in a near death situation when you fell unconscious," Umi speculated.

"But it's okay now! Umi-nii won't be alone anymore because I'll be here with you! ...unless you don't want to..."

Umi blinked and laughed, which made Riku pound, "Haha! You don't have to do that. I've always been by your side, and that will never change! I'll always support your decision no matter what. Anyhow, I'm glad your condition is stable now. You must be tired, right? Go to bed."