Chapter 4

We arrived at the paddock with carlos a few hours later for practice. Carlos had used a discreet car so no one would recognise him since we were with him. Carlos led us through a back way to get to the paddock.

"Are you guys coming to the Ferrari garage?" Carlos smiles at us.

"No fucking way." I mutter quietly so Arlo doesn't hear me.

"Please mama please!" Arlo exclaims jumping up at my side.

"Look what you've done." I roll my eyes at Carlos. I pick up Arlo and hold him close to my side.

"Sof, I promise I'm gonna keep you away from.." Carlos looks at Arlo who seems interested in our conversation. "Him."

I sigh and look at how excited my son looks. "Fine." Carlos smiles and grabs my arm.

I look up at the Ferrari garage, I hold Arlo close to me and walk into carlos side.

"Hombrecito, do you want to sit in my car?" Carlos asks Arlo and his eyes light up. I smile and pass Arlo to Carlos.

He places Arlo in the car and Arlo smiles brightly. Arlo starts to press buttons and one of the engineers leans in and asks him to stop. Arlo frowns as I walk over and pick him up out of the car.

"Sorry." I awkwardly smile at the engineer.

"Okay Im going out in a minute so I'll see you after practice." Carlos hugs me.

"Good luck." I pat his shoulder as he gets in the car.

I look around the room and feel my heart stop when I see Charles walking over to carlos. I quickly grab Arlo and run to the toilets.

"Mama why did we run?" Arlo laughs as i try to slow my breathing.

"Sorry amour, mama just needs the toilet." I force a smile as he nods.

That was close.

I waited a few minutes before walking back out afraid Charles would still be there but In the end i pluck up the courage and walk back out to the garage.

I stood watching the practice on a screen trying to relax after everything. It was hard to relax though, with Arlo getting excited he started getting loud and pointing out everything to me.

"Mama! Look- look that's a tyre!" Arlo grabs my hand pointing at the tyres for the cars. "I wonder if it's a soft or hard- Or or a medium." Arlo puts his hands to his chin as i sigh.

"Arlo please calm down." I say to him as he crosses his arms across his chest.

"Fine." He stomps over to a bean bag and throws himself on it. I stop myself from rolling my eyes and just focus on the screen.

After the practice they come back into the pits and i go to Carlos' room with Arlo.

"Why are we here mama? I wanna see the cars." Arlo sighs trying to go for the door.

"No Arlo, we are waiting for uncle Carlos." I tell him.

"No mama!" He cries. "I want to see the cars."

"If you are going to behave like this we will just go back home. Do you want that young man?" I ask him sternly.

Arlo pouts, I walk up to him and hold his cheeks wiping away the tears as more fall.

I turn my head as I hear conversation happening on the other side of the door.

"You should come round for dinner soon." I hear Carlos say.

"Definitely." The voice replies as the door handle starts to move.

Carlos opens the door and his eyes go wide, quickly shutting the door.