'There she is. There's my girl.' Scarlett smiled sadly at her. Carter simply watched as best she could.

'Can you take some big breaths with Mama? MiMi and I really don't want you to make yourself sick.' Scarlett explained as she used her hands to exaggerate her breaths for the little girl. Carter tried to replicate what she was doing though it was extremely difficult as she continued to get frustrated when it wasn't working.

After fifteen minutes of minimal effects and the continued cycle of frustration, Scarlett sighed. I thought she was about to give up and it almost terrified me, wondering what I'd do.

'Alright, my love, can you blow for me?' She asked.

Carter gave her a half-hearted glance of confusion through her distress.

'Blow against the bottom of the phone baby. That was Mommy can here you.' She instructed. I tilted the phone so the bottom mic was near Carter's faces. My confusion was just as present as Carter's as Scarlett counted down for her. Though, Carter worked up as much breath as possible to blow into the mic. It came out shallow and broken but I held faith in it.

Scarlett continued to guide her through it for another ten minutes or so and I was completely astonished to notice it working. Eventually Carter had calmed down enough to take a couple final deep breaths with Scarlett so she was calm aside from her small sniffles.

'You did so good, baby!' Scarlett applauded her as Carter turned to lean into me.

'Are you ok, honey?' She asked. Carter simply sniffled, staring as her. She reached up to rub her eyes which were obviously worn out and itchy. They were all red and swollen. She looked exhausted. I'm sure she was.

'I love you.' She told her sadly. I noticed a slight attempt at a smile from Carter though no further attempt was made.

'I miss you. I wish I could be there with you right now.' Scarlett told her. She was talking without expecting a response. She was incredible at reading Carter and I find myself impressed in one way or another every time I get to witness their interactions.

'You're super tired baby? Why don't you change and lay down? Your body and mind need some rest after all that stress.' She expressed.

Carter continued to just watch her. Standing up, I set Carter on the bed with the phone and quickly went to grab some pajamas and a cold water soaked washcloth. Coming back into the room from the bathroom I gently wiped Carter's face off, hoping the coolness of the cloth made her feel at least a little better.

'That looks like it felt nice.' Scarlett said when I pulled it away.

'I bet it did. It was nice and cold.' I told her. She nodded. I worked the phone from Carter's hand so I could quickly help her into her pajamas. It was a struggle but she let go when Scarlett promised to talk to her as she changed.

Once changed, I pulled back the covers of the bed to help her get in. Pulling them back up to her chest, I handed her BoBo, then turned off the lights before laying down beside her myself. Scarlett continued to talk to her for another fifteen or so minutes until she finally drifted off.

We waited an additional ten minutes before I stepped outside, into the hall, to tell her everything that happened. Scarlett was beyond angry at Colin. Aside from the fact that he had let his daughter get all dressed up and excited, he left her to wait on the front steps for three hours before she was forced inside and broke down in tears and sobs for another hour and a half almost. She had practically cried herself to sleep. And on top of all that he still hadn't responded or picked up one of the over twenty calls he'd received from either of them.

We discussed a few other things before the sound of soft cries interrupted our conversations marking the beginning of a vicious cycle of sleep, cry, get worked up, slowly calm down, repeat. It lasted the whole night practically. Carter waking up every other if not every hour of the night. The two of us were absolutely drained. We'd end the call to catch up on some rest themselves only to be on the phone again half an hour later. With almost no sleep by this point Carter woke up for the final time in the middle of the night at around four in the morning.

'Baby, please go back to sleep. You're exhausted we all are.' Scarlett practically begged.

'I need you.'

Those were the first words Carter had said all night since I carried her inside seven hours ago. And while both of us were tired beyond belief, the sound of the her voice made us immediately alert. Yes, it was a desperate cry for help, but it was still words.

'How about we make a deal, lovebug?' Scarlett suggested.

Carter nodded her head slowly.

'If you promise to try to go back to bed right now, then I will come see you tomorrow morning.' She bargained.

Carter thought of the deal but before she could nod her head in agreement I added, 'You can even go home with Mama for the weekend if you'd like.

She immediately nodded her head at that making us both sigh in relief.

'Ok, lovie let's go to bed then. I'll see you in the morning. Well, later this morning.' Scarlett assured her. Carter settled back down and within the next five minutes she was back asleep. The two of us hung up before we drifted off shortly after her. Carter slept the rest of the night and while I was glad she'd be reunited with Scarlett again, I still couldn't rid my mind if this sickening thought.

Carter was in a lot of pain, emotional distress, even if she had calmed down, she would still be hurting for a little while. And I know that it would take a while to recover from that. Not only is she five but healing takes time. And healing a broken heart takes even longer. Cause after all...

Her daddy was her first heartbreak.

A/N: Oh My God!! Who am I? Two chapters in two days what is this sorcery? On another note, do not be expecting this often or possibly ever again, I'm not one to meet the update expectations of my books. In other words, I hope you love love loved this chapter. Obviously some sadness, some drama, heartbreak even. Oh. Too soon? My bad.
Are we enjoying the MiMi POVs? Yes? No?
Also you guys like really hate Colin. Like you all want him gone gone. You have no faith in character development. But like really? What are our thoughts on the future of this situation? What do we think should 'realistically' happen?
Anyways, this story is coming along well, I think? Let me know all your thoughts, suggestions, and requests please and thank you. Enjoy! Idk when I'll update again tbh. Sorry.
Love,
EJ <3