Jily one shot; Amortentia

Just look at the title and tell me your not excited to read this one shot.❤️❤️
Random question: How do you pronounce Amortentia?
Random answer: I pronounce it either am-more-tent-sha or am-mort-tia
This one shot is inspired by a post I saw online. But the story is mine. With some twists. *wiggles eyebrows*

This takes place in their 7th year.

DISCLAIMER: I still don't own the characters, and the setting.... they belong to J.K. Rowling.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lily POV

"Everyone in your seats! We have a very important and fun lesson today! Today, we will be brewing the potion Amortentia. Can anyone tell me about Amortentia?" Professor Slughorn asked looking hopefully looking out at the class. I raised my hand.
"It's the most powerful love potion in the entire world. It is supposed to smell of what each person individually is attracted to. But it doesn't actually create love. Only obsession or infatuation." I finished informatively, slightly proud of myself.
"Right you are Ms. Evans! Twenty points to Gryffindor!" Slughorn beamed. I smiled back at him. " To brew the potion takes many difficult steps so we should be working on this over a couple of classes. Today we should have a good start, though! You will work with a partner of your choice. Supplies are in the cupboard. You may begin!"
My eyes immediately darted to Alice when Slughorn told us to get a partner. She smiled and I nodded in reply. She moved her things over to my table and I went over to the cupboard in the back of the classroom to get the needed ingredients. I brought my textbook back with to make sure I got everything we needed. As I was reading the supplies list I ran into James. I actually seemed to be running into him a lot lately. In a quite literal way.
"Well hello to you too." James laughed holding one of my arms while also picking up my dropped book. My cheeks turned red.
"Er-hi, sorry about um that." I stuttered nervously blowing a strand of ginger hair that fell in my face out of the way. I was a mess. I couldn't even talk around the boy with making a fool out of myself. I was pretty sure that I liked him... but I've haven't told anyone, not even my best mate, Marlene.
"No problem, Lils." He smiled leaving me to collect my supplies. I think I blushed an even darker shade of red when he called me Lils. I shook my head. I needed to get James out of my head and focus at the task at hand.
I carefully picked up my all the supplies I needed and carried it back to the table that had Alice setting up our cauldron and our measuring tools. I laid all the ingredients down.
"Did you have a fun talk with James?" Alice teased smiling. She was always, always telling me how James and I would get together eventually. Really, she had been telling me since third year. I snorted in reply to Alice.
"Mhmm. That's what I thought."
I ignored her and started reading off the instructions.
"Okay, it says here we need to first add..."
~~| time lapse to next class |~~
James POV

"Sirius, it's supposed to be turning a pale purple by now, since we let it set for a few days." I said looking at the bright orange runny potion slopping around in the cauldron.
"Eh. I think it should be fine. Lets just add a pinch of this." he said offhandedly throwing in a handful of who knows what.
"Are you serious? We need to pass this class in order to become aurors."I said exasperatedly.
He looked me eye with a straight expression. "I am Sirius." We stared at each other for a few seconds before bursting out laughing.
"I set myself up for that one, didn't I?" I laughed.
"Yes, yes you did mate."
"Mr.Potter and Mr. Black! What is Merlins' name are you doing?! And what did you do to your potion?" Slughorn said looking genuinely upset that our potion was ruined. Padfoot and I stopped laughing immediately.
Sirius looked innocently up at Slughorn. "Our potion is a working progress." Sirius defended sticking his finger in the potion. "See?" He held it up to Slughorn's face. "I think it's completely-" A look of pain came across his face. His finger turned neon green and was spreading towards the rest of his hand. And the farther it spread, it had a sizzling sound as if something was burning each time.
"Ahh!!" Sirius yelled.
"Oh my! Mr. Black please go to the hospital wing immediately!" Slughorn exclaimed already ushering him out the door.
After Professor ushered Sirius out and disposed of our toxic potion, he came up to me.
"Since you are not able to complete your project with Sirius, you'll have to join another group. You won't have full marks, but it will be better than none. why don't you go join Alice and Lily's group." he lectured and then hurried over to the other side of the room where a puff of smoke had just exploded out of someone's cauldron.
~~~~~~~
Lily POV

"Oh Lily! I think this is my first potion ever that I've done almost perfectly!" Alice said giddily crushing a root. I smiled slightly as I pushed the potion around with a giant wooden stick. The thicker it got, the harder it was to move. The harder it was to move, the more I sweated. In other words, I looked like a mess but was determined to finish this potion to perfection.
"Hello ladies. Since my partner is er...no longer fit to work with me, Slughorn assigned me to finish the project with you two." I heard a familiar voice behind me say as Alice simultaneously jabbed me with two of her fingers in my side.
" Sirius and you ruining a potion? Who would have though!" Alice laughed her voice laced with sarcasm. I turned around only to see James scowling at Alice.
"In my defense, it was mostly Sirius."
"Sure it was, James." I laughed joining the conversation.
James snorted. "Whatever. So what step are we on? "
"Well, Lily and I are almost done. Only three more steps."
"Two more steps." I said wiping the sweat off my forehead. And I tried to fix my hair discreetly, with no avail. We finished the last two steps quite quickly, letting James do them.
"Now what?" He asked when we finished.
"We wait." I said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
James POV

We waited for about twenty minutes for the potion to finish -whatever it was doing. Then Lily, Alice ,and I went up to the finished project. Next to me Lily screwed up her nose.
"Aren't we supposed to smell something we are attracted to?" She asked confusedly next to me.
"Yeah...."I agreed. All I smelled Lily's flowery perfume. And man, did she overdo it today. Not that I didn't like it. "Did you maybe to something wrong along the way?" I asked her.
"Of course not! I'm positive I got this right!" Lily said angrily looking back over the instructions.
"Well, maybe there was a mistake made somewhere." I fired back.
"There were no mistakes! Maybe if you didn't slather on so much shampoo this morning we could actually smell the potion!"
"Well maybe if you weren't wearing so much perfume we could smell it!"
Lily's face was turning red with anger.
"Well maybe if-" She was cut off by Alice's hysterical laughter. We both looked at her in confusion.
"You guys-" She laughed. " Don't you two realize?" She giggled wiping tears from her eyes.
"I ran out of perfume last week...." I heard Lily quietly murmur to herself.
realization dawned on me.
" And I didn't shower this morning...."
I tentatively smiled at Lily. She was almost as red as her hair.
"Don't say anything." she warned burying her head in her hands.
"I think I'll say this- I like you too." I grinned.