Chapter 2

"We need to find Charlie," Hermione said as they rushed through the streets of Al Ghaydah,Yemen.

They had managed to get out of the excavation and away from Riddle surprisingly easily, even though the climb out had been a horror for Harry who felt like his entire body had been used as a punching bag. When they were finally back in England he would allow himself the longest and most luxurious of baths.

The friendly nomad tribe that had helped them find their way in the first place had been waiting close by and were more than happy to help them back again. Especially when Harry fished an ancient ring out of his pocket and gave it to them as a gift. Hermione had given him the stink-eye for that, but it was worth it.

"Charlie?" Harry asked, feeling woozy and tired.

"Yes, Ron's brother, remember? The guy who helped us gain entrance?"

"Ah." They hadn't actually met Ron's brother, but he had been presented as a tall man with hair just as red as Ron's, so they were sure to recognise him. Harry hoped he would realise who they were as well. From what Harry understood it wasn't often his little brother asked for a favour. And for a couple of complete strangers, no less.

It had been pretty amazing that they had found someone to help them get to Yemen within a week. But Ron had been one of Dumbledore's contacts – the old man practically knew everyone. He had only been happy to set up the meeting after finding out that Harry and Hermione were going after Riddle, again. There was no one who held a greater distrust toward Riddle than Dumbledore.

But this time they had failed. Harry felt a pang of regret that they had let Riddle get away with it and that he would walk away with all that treasure and whatever else it was he had found. Especially whatever else it was that he had found. Even without the treasure Riddle had never had an issue with lack of money. The back of Harry's neck ached.

Despite having only visited the town once before, Hermione led the way with confidence. Or possibly it only looked that way, Harry wasn't sure. All he knew was they had been walking through the town for what seemed an age and he wasn't sure if they were any closer to Charlie's than they had been.

"Uh, Hermione?" He asked when the woman slowed down to take a sip of water. "Do.. where are we actually going?"

She swallowed her mouthful of water and picked up the pace again. "I told you. We're going to Charlie's."

"Yeah, and that's great and all but... we've been walking for ages now."

Her sudden stop had Harry walking straight into her back. "Are you saying you think I'm lost?! Because let me tell you, Harry James Potter...!"

Harry held his hands up in defence. "No, no! Of course not! It's just, I'm tired and..."

She smiled apologetically. "You're right, sorry. I'm tired too. A lot has happened in the last couple of days, hasn't it?" She started walking again, but slower this time. "And you are right, while I'm not completely lost this city is rather hard to navigate."

"Maybe we could ask someone?" Harry said. "To be honest I'm not sure how much more walking I can take. My feet feel like they are nothing but a big blister."

"You're right... But I can't speak a word of Arabic and I'm pretty sure you can't either."

"No." Harry shook his head. "But there is surely someone here who knows English, 'Mione. Let's just... let's ask that storekeeper."

Harry walked over with as confident steps as he could manage. "As-salam alaykom." His pronunciation was sure to be atrocious, but Harry was pretty sure that was an accepted greeting.