The Repetitive Cycle of a Prodigy

Start from the beginning

Kentaro: "ALRIGHT!!! Let the 7th test begin!!"

"I wonder what he's concocted this time?"

Kentaro: "What is the name of the flying cat of the main protagonist in Fairy Tail?"

Y/n: "Happy"

Kentaro: "That was pretty easy, I'm letting you know that it's the last one"

This is what it consists of. His love for anime and competitive nature grew in me a fondness of it as well.

Kentaro: "Who's the Author to Dog Days?"

Y/n: "Masaki Tzusuki"

I don't partake in them by the way, I simply do my research beforehand since I'm sure he'll question me in the future.

Kentaro: "Who's Yor Forger's Voice Actress?!"

Y/n: "Saori Hayami"

Kentaro: "WHO ARE THE CHARACTER'S REFERENCED IN THE NAME RWBY?!"

Y/n: "Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladonna, and Yang Xiao Long"

Kentaro: "JUST GET ONE WRONG!!!"

Y/n: "Then ask better questions"

Kentaro falls to the ground as he pouts like a toddler.

Kentaro: "You're not even a weeb, HOW ARE YOU GETTING THEM RIGHT?!"

Y/n: "I'm a genius, remember?"

Kentaro: "*sighs* Right.. But if life was like an anime, I'd be the protagonist that works hard to surpass the genius, you know? They do say hard work beats talent"

Y/n: "But this is real life. Life isn't a movie, game or anime. Talent that trains will always triumph the talentless that works hard"

Kentaro: "Wow, you didn't have to say though"

Y/n: "I'm merely preping you for the world outside these school walls. Remember to learn what you can"

Kentaro: "I know, I know"

Y/n: "Do you really?"

Kentaro: "Yes.. Is that your ride?"

Outside the gates, a guard was patiently standing beside his vehicle while the rest awed at the site.

Y/n: "It is"

I rise up as Kentaro follows me.

Kentaro: "Must be amazing to have a ride back home instead of walking"

Y/n: "I suppose"

He looked my way and chuckled.

Kentaro: "Man, I wish I had it like you sometimes. A genius and wealth"

"You don't even know how much you'd dread it if you had it"

Y/n: "Money and power doesn't make everything better"

Kentaro: "But it can ease the burden ya know? Having said that, I'm gonna work real hard until I reach your heights one day"

I stay quiet as I let him believe the lies he's talking. No amount of warning can change a person's desire for supremacy over others, whether it's monetary, materialistic, or strength.

Kentaro: "In that case, I better get going as well. Catch you tomorrow at the same place?"

Y/n: "You barge in of your own accord"

Kentaro: "You like it anyways. See ya tomorrow Y/n"

He leaves as I walk up to the vehicle and am escorted back to my house.