Chapter 3: The Honored One

Start from the beginning

(This is your horse now)

I take off to the skies with the horse and into the space.

Y/n: I'm honestly surprised by how fast you are boy.

You tell your horse, to which it angrily growls.

Y/n: Oops... Sorry... Girl?

She the starts flying even faster and before I know it I'm already at the Death Realm. I jump off the horse and pat her nose.

Y/n: Do you have a name?... How about... Keres?

She makes an approving noise to which you smile.

I then turn around and head inside the house and am greeter with the tired gaze of Alfred.

Alfred: Master Y/n. The Hourglasses are waiting for you.

I nod and head to to the basement. In the front row you can see 3 big Hourglasses. One of them is even bigger than the 2. And much more detailed.

Thousands of souls die every day, but only the strongest and/or most important require Father's or my presence. The reason being that they might not want to pass on to the next life; heaven or hell. So some of them might try to use their powers to fight back against the natural way of life and cause trouble.

Obviously that would imbalance the scale of the Universe. Imagine a situation where someone dies... But actually doesn't? And then they might end up killing someone who wasn't supposed to die yet. This could be very catastrophic and if that happens, God himself might have to interfere. I don't want that.

So my job here is to pass the souls to where they are supposed to go after they die. Use of force might be necessary. I already know that I'm going to have to fight tonight, I can feel it. It's probably that big Hourglass. Their name is "Johan Kakó.

I exit the house, waving Alfred goodbye and mount Keres.

Keres is probably satisfied with her new name and owner. Since she's even faster now.

I land at a snowy mountain. With seemingly nothing nearby... Except that House that just suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Y/n: Hope the first one isn't any trouble.

I mutter as I climb down and walk over to the wooden house. Instead of knocking, I just step inside, right through the door.

???: You could have at least knocked.

I immediately take out the Scythe and extend it to its full size. Whoever that guy is... He shouldn't see me... Unless he is or was a powerful wizard... But they're all dead...have been for centuries.

???: Don't worry. I won't cause you any trouble.

Y/n: Who are you?

???: I'm sure you have my name on that hourglass of yours.

Y/n: No... I mean wh-

???: Yes, I know what you meant Son of Death. But it's unimportant.

I'm very surprised. How does he know I'm not the actual Death?

You look at the hourglass and grip the Scythe in your hand. He turns around and waits.

Just as the last sand drops, he dies and you cut his soul off from his body.

His  now blue, see through form appears in front of you.

???: Much to learn, you still have.

He says as he peacefully ascends to Heaven.