Determination's Demon.

DISCLAIMER: the following fan-fiction while it is probably based on some true cannon stuff, is actually just an AU, of the non, AU timelines. So in short, there's no role switching or any the stuff you see in story shift in or Underswap in terms of Character positions. It's just an AU I made for fun and to help further practice my skills as a writer. If you have problems with that, or any the choices I make concerning the time spacing between events, backstories for Chara and Frisk, or even their selected genders or ages for this, as well as becoming a couple, and staying a couple in anything that's going continue the story in this as a separate work, then please find something else to read, or put up with it, and only judge this story and its future sequels by the events and how it's told. Please be respectful and civil in the comments and in feedback. No need to give anyone a bad time. -the author.

Long ago, two races ruled over Earth: HUMANS and MONSTERS.

One day, war broke out between the two races.

After a long battle, the humans were victorious.

They sealed the monsters underground with a magic spell.

M̸̗̭̯̤̲̲͕̓̇̊͗a̖̭̫͙̎̀ͥ̿̑̉ͫ̒̇͟ͅņ̶̛̯̲͖͑̓̊̊̃ͪ̄͑y̢̟ͮ̑ͧ͜ ̷͔̗̮̮̞͇̻̹͐ͤ̈ͧͪ̃ͬ͡y̛͎̭̬̖͕̒͛̄ͦͅe͛̓ͬ̎ͦ̅̍͏̰a̧̰̠͛ͮ͑̀̿͆͝͝r͖̗̣ͮ̒s͗͛͏̛͚̹̭̲̞͈͖͘s̖͈̟̩̣̾͊ͧͫ̚s̯̪͚̭̯̟̞͓̗ͥ͂̽͐͋̾̕s͙̜̤̗͆̍͋̂̀ͧͥ͒͜ş̗̯͕̦͕̬̒̄̈́ͦ͜...̸̛͙͕̫͍͔̺̩̖̯͒͐̎ͨ͂̑̀ͩ.̷̋̋̏ͭ͆͌̒҉͈L̵̷̪̻̬̠ͨ̑̐ͯͅą̸͙̻̍̑̇́̒́̋t̸̶͓̩̻͓͔̬̬̉ͧͫ͛̊ͭe̙̠̜ͣ̄ͣͤ́̈r͕̠̫̙̬̳͚͗̓͗͐̿̉̿̇ͨ͞ŗ̧̩̺͖̭͖̈̾̾r̗̻̮̳̳̮̺̯ͫͥͫr̢̗͙͓̲̤͈ͣ̅...̱̰̥̟͔̟͈ͩ̍̆.̷͖̥̳͇͋ͮ̋ͯ͟.̮͇͙͓͙͇̬̹͑

ERROR.... FILE NOT LOADED.

REFRESHING FILES FOR UNDERTALE...

UNDERTALE: 10% Loaded

Her red eyes carefully looked over her research as her brown hair swayed from side to side. Oliva Rosewood and her husband, Mark were scientists of a research group who are studying SOULs of many kinds, as well as the endless possibilities that the rare red soul of the DETERMINATION trait would have. However.... With her and Mark's ancestors being of the same wizards and mages who sealed the monsters into the underground long ago, their choices are not as good as one would hope. Even more so with them being obsessed with gaining the most powerful ability that a DETERMINATION soul could ever possibly have. The power to RESET.

UNDERTALE: 15% Loaded

The obsession to RESET and perhaps the lingering hate for monsters is probably what drove Olivia and Mark to THIS choice. The choice to kidnap unwilling participants and either farm DETERMINATION from them, or to over load their SOULs with it. All of it done in secret and in a spot where only them would know. Along with preforming other inhumane experiments on their unwilling subjects. One of which is utilizing the SOULs, of fellow monsters Haters, and combine them with the SOUL of one of their magic using ancestors that sealed the monsters underground, in hopes of making the thing that would "fix" one of their children.

"Your DETERMINATION and distaste for monsters is perfect for my project, young man." Olivia said in a sadistic tone to an 18 year old who was strapped to a chair. He screamed and yelled as Olivia removed his SOUL from his chest, with no regard to his pain. It glowed a bright red as it floated in her palm. "Ah... I think this is the last one, Mark." She said to her husband, who was standing at the table, bringing out a box of canisters that have monster souls that their ancestors managed to collect as trophies during the war. He grinned just as sadisticly as they began to set to work.