Chapter 5

Ok, what the fuck? Martha is the luna? Why didnt she just tell me? Does that mean i jus took a shower in the alphas bedroom? Ok, wait that would actually make alot of sense on why the room and bed were so big.

My earlier question to martha about jumping on the bed now seemed even more ridiculous, but at the same time i really really wanted to jump on the damn thing!

No, kari, bad kari. Focus on whats going on right now and not on your stupid childish whims.

"Why didnt you just tell me that your the luna?" i asked, turning my attention to martha, who was now perched on the arm of the Alpha's chair.

She had the audacity to shrug at me, "i dont know, you seemed super skittish as it is the last thing you needed was to find out that i'm a person in power"

Ok, yeah that does make sense i guess. "So does this mean your going to call andy now?"

The Alpha just stared at me for a second before turning to her mate, their eyes glazed over letting me know that they were mind linking each other. After a moment they turned back to me, "why dont you give me your side of the story first?" Alpha Alissa said.

I nodded and launched into my story, starting out when my parents kicked me out at fourteen nd going all the way through to when martha found me at the beach. When i got to the death of jane i broke down crying, even after three months the pain was still fresh.

When i finally finished my tale both woman turned to each other and started mind linking again, from the looks on their faces it seemed as if they were arguing about something. Martha's brow was creased and alissa had her lips pressed together in a hard line.

Finally they turned to me and Alpha Alissa spoke, "to be honest your mate, andy, told us most of your story when he came here searching for you, he wanted us to have the full picture of what is happening so that we would be prepared incase you showed up. We were expecting you to be alot different than you are, more wild and untamable, andy described you as a force to be reckoned with and instead we are met with a broken woman." i opened my mouth to speak because honestly the Alpha was sounding kinda bitchy, but she put her finger up to stop me. "I'm not saying all of this to be rude, i promise. I am saying this because we were ready to turn you over to your mate the second you arrived, but after hearing your tale martha and i are not so sure that its the right time, we believe you need time to heal and rest before any decision is made to contact your mate"

I stared at the woman wide eyed, completely take aback at the Alpha's words. They werent going to turn me in? They werent going to ship me back home to deal with the hellscape i left behind? Holy shit! I could kiss the Alpha right now, but martha looks like she might rip me to shreds if i tried.

"So you arent going to call andy?" i asked, making sure i heard her right.

Alpha Alissa shook her head and gave me a kind smile, "how about this, i am going to call andy and let him know you are safe, i will tell him that you are recuperating from your travels and are not ready for any visitors. I dont think that it would be fair to continue to have him wandering around the world searching for you, dont you agree?"

I mean she did have a point, it would be seriously cruel to keep making andy think that i'm still out in the wild running. I nodded, "ok, just please stress to him that i am not ready for any unexpected visits right now. I really do need some time to rest, there wasnt much time for sleep out in the mortal world" which was true, running and hiding took up most of my time, sleep rarely happened for me over the last three months and when it did it was always fitful.

The Alpha nodded her approval, "alright. Now, how about we find you a room here in the pack house. Tomorrow we can find someone to take you to town and get you some clothes and other essentials."