"well--- let's just say I didn't really know how this works..!" you admitted

"maybe if you could--" Nine pauses
"come at the workshop again tomorrow and I'll tell you how it works?" Nine suggested, you could feel a certain embarrassment in his voice when he said that even behind the device, his cockiness was also fading away by the tone of his own voice.

"i can't" you stated a little plainly

"oh-- why not?" Nine's voice sounded a little worried.

"my friends won't let me out yet.. I have to stay here at home for a bit, but maybe the next day after that, I'll visit you" You tried brightening up the mood.

-----------
It's officially been months ever since you and Nine met, Even so both of you could be polar opposites, You both shared and enjoyed eachother.

You and the yellow orange fox were absolutely inseparable.
Both of you finding ways to make a simple experiment exciting and fun

Nine got way more comfortable talking to you, and when you're both not in the same room, you would talk at the little handy device he made.

and you obviously learning how to use it, made it easier for the both of you to communicate directly at the device.

though even for the past months, Nine still couldn't figure out what's up with your electric powers. Nine would ramble on at devices he made either from the past or something for your electric powers, which leads to being failed worryingly.

but besides all that you love to tune in, listening to him.

rebel and knucks aren't fully aware you and nine hang around his workshop or sometimes even walking around the city sometimes causing havoc. Gee--they aren't even fully aware who Nine is.

but in one faithful day, which is at the present, you were met in some unusual terms.

-------

as of right now, you were together with Rebel and Knucks, Rebel called you in to take a look at what the both have discovered--but more of an interesting mobian they've discovered.

the three of you stood on top of a building, watching Dr. Babble whine for getting stuck at some sort of hole, and failing to catch a certain hedgehog. He immediately throws tantrums, destroying robots that were trying to help him.

"he's fast, powerful and hates the egg. we gotta
follow this guy." Rebel listed at the things the blue blur stood out from the crowd.

"I don't know Rebel, what if we follow him right to the hands of the chaos council? it feels like a trap." Knucks said, while looking at you in a mix of sternly and worry.

he was obviously worried not just for the resistance, but the fact that the chaos council might take you again.

you looked back at him with a reassuring glint in your eyes, you've already moved on from the past, you sometimes find it pretty annoying whenever people besides rebel or knucks brings it up.

It's been years ever since the chaos council has took you too, it would be impossible if you were in need to be used for something.

"when have I ever steered us wrong?" Rebel said, with one of her hands behind knucks looking like she's comforting him.

you and knucks gave her a tired half lidded eye look, saying nothing and silent fills in the conversation.

"rhetorical question.." she added in, also exchanging the same look you and knucks gave her.

you rolled your eyes playfully at what the white bat said, "so, what will the plan be?" you asked the two

"we'll send in a member to keep a look out at the blue blur" she said, looking through her watch that was made to communicate with any of the members, it even had a holographic feature.