Chapter 1: Awakening (Edited)

Start bij het begin

"Stop sweating the small stuff. Look, I need a refill," Eida said. "You're so gauche."

"Ha... ha... Coming right up," Bug said. Witch! How dare you order me about!

"I killed two guards at the door, and six more getting to Bug's room, but there're a lot more soldiers here, aren't there?" Code spoke up. "Might be a bother if they find out you're awake."

"Right!? Y-You should hurry up and getting going!" Bug interjected. "I'll take care of matters here for you!"

"It's no big deal," Eida shut him down. "No one can get their hands on me. What's the rush?"

"That's true. I'm so drawn to you, in such a natural way that I still find it hard to believe that it's due to your ability," Code said.

"Be that as it may," Bug interjected again. "You're not going to get anything done by dawdling here. If you want Kawaki, you need to act!" Hurry up and get out of here!

"Take it easy. It goes without saying, but both the Hokage and Kawaki are being guarded around the clock. Plus, the five Kage are hunting Code," Eida said, her arms crossed over her chest.

"Right. So what's the plan?" Code asked.

"We take our time, and opportunity is bound to present itself," Eida said. "My Senrigan Clairvoyant eyes will spot it."

"Yeesh. It'd be a breeze if I could just get these limiters rescinded. Oh, well... I think I can still win against Hokage and Uchiha if I fight them one-on-one," Code said.

"By the way, don't count on my combat ability. I can only preform simple Taijutsu," Eida said.

"For real? I thought you'd be a amazing fighter, too," Code said, sounding disappointed.

Eida didn't turn to him as she spoke. "The total opposite. To begin with, I don't like engaging into barbaric acts. I don't like pain, either," she explained.

"I see. So delicate," Code commented.

Get a grip, Code! She's making you soft, you fool! Aren't you ashamed? Bug thought to himself, staring worriedly at the two.

"That's why you and I are aligned," Eida said. "I'll be your eyes and ears, and in return, you'll be my guardian knight."

"Your knight... Sure, works for me," Code said. "But what if you find yourself alone with Kawaki and he tries to kill you?"

"Seriously? What a detestable question," Eida said.

"But it's not impossible. Kawaki and Boruto are Otsutsuki. You can't beguile them," Code said. "That's what's appealing to you, yet it can also work against you... and thus, me."

Eida shifted her eyes to the side, suddenly becoming less confident then she was two seconds ago. "I suppose. I was hoping to aviod this, but..." She turned around, leaning against the counter. "Come with me, Code. I'll introduce you to my best friend and other knight."

***

In Konohagakure, Kawaki was walking by himself in the crowed streets. He was lost in thought, not even noticing Nara Shikadai heading over to him.

"You want power, don't you? Haven't you been thinking that ever since you lost the Karma?" Amado's voice echoed in Kawaki's head. "So take it for yourself. Brand new power, in the form of a Karma that's purely a weapon."