Chapter 1: Awakening (Edited)

Start from the beginning

But he won't wait around for that to happen, of course. He'll strike first, and try to kill all of you, starting with Lord Hokage, to advenge Isshiki's death. You want to protect Lord Hokage, right? Then that plan's no good. You just need more power to deal with Code. Enough to take him down," Amado finished his "speech".

Everyone was silent as Kawaki let Amado go.

"Do you think Lord Seventh can win against Code? Like with Delta?" Kawaki questioned after a while.

Amado lit a smoke. "I'm not sure. It's unclear how much less power he has without Nine Tail's chakra, but I suspect he'd die one-on-one versus Code," he voiced his opinion. "It certainly won't go the way it did with Delta. You know that, deep down. You want power, don't you, Kawaki? Haven't you been thinking that ever since you lost the Karma?"

Sumire wore a confused look, while Kawaki's glare deepened ever more, if that was possible. "Get to the point, old man," Kawaki demanded.

"So take it for yourself. Especially since Isshiki's gone for good. Brand new power, in the form of a Karma that's purely a weapon," Amado said.

A Karma... that's purely... a weapon? Sumire's thoughts began running wild.

"You have the base criteria, and I can make it happen," Amado continued.

"Are you suggesting I let you implant me with Karma again?" Kawaki growled in anger at the even mere thought of having Karma printed on his body again. "Are you out of your mind!?"

"That's exactly it," Amado said. "Come on... You know you subconsiously want it."

"And you, of all people, know how much I absolutely loathe Karma," Kawaki retorted, refusing Amado's offer.

"I do, indeed. But I also know that you're rational and will use any means necessary to achieve your goals, just like me," Amado continued his persuasion.

Kawaki glared before turning away. "No, no way. I'm leaving," he said.

"Just remember," Amado spoke up again. "It's all up to you, Kawaki. The choice is in your hands."

Sumire watched Kawaki take his jacket and walk off, her eyes casting downward at the back of her first love's adoptive brother. "Kawaki..." Amado remained quiet as he smoked.

***

In the snowy mountain, in a remote location, where a cult, created by one of Kara's Inners, Boro, was located, three people were inside a, sort of, bar - a woman, a young man, and a small, old man.

"Poor Kawaki," the girl said, seeing and hearing everything that happened with her Senrigan. "He truly cares for the Hokage. Seems he's in distress over his own helplessness at being unable to protect the Hokage from you. It's too painful for me to watch." She side-eyed the young man. "Code... won't you consider letting the Hokage off the hook?" she asked innocently.

"Sorry, but no," Code rejected her. "Otsutsuki Isshiki is my God, in whom I still have faith. And, no matter the reason, the Hokage and the others killed that God. It's absolutely unforgivable. They must all be punished, without exception."

"Hold on. You promised not to kill Kawaki," the girl - Eida - interjected.

"I know. I'm making a special exception for him, out of respect for you," Code reassured her. "But that's why I can't budge on the Hokage. He's my number one target. I'll kill him with my own hands."

"All right. Fine," Eida said. "Make sure Kawaki doesn't find out I'm involved. I don't want him to hate me."

Crazy freaks! The tiny man - Bug - thought to himself in worry for his safety. "J-Jush wondering, how long are you sticking around?" he asked.