four

joan laid in bed, dreading having to get up for the day. she was expecting abe to be upset over not being paired with cleo, but she didn't realize just how hard he'd take it.

she dragged herself out of bed and made her way to abe's house, a rising sense of guilt and frustration following with. she felt bad for being the cause of such pain for abe, but cleo just was not the one for him. watching abe get upset each time cleo went back and forth him and jfk devasted her, she just wanted him to be truly loved.

as he opened the front door her guilt went from slight to very extreme, abe looked like he had slept maybe three hours and he had very clearly been crying for a while.

"oh, good morning joan. what's up?"

"i uh, i was just wondering if you wanted to go out and do something. maybe we could stop at that pretzel place you like in the mall?"

"oh, uncle usher's? i love that place, sure let's go, hopefully they still have the cinnamon sugar pretzels."

"i'm pretty sure that's all they sell abe," joan said side eyeing him and laughing

as soon as gandhi's sleep began, it ended. this time being ended by his foster mom banging on the door, "ghandi get up, that cleopatra girl is here."

"what- oh yeah she wanted to hang out this morning," he said to himself, rolling out of bed in a tired haze.

he grabbed the sweater off his nightstand and headed to the door, not before taking a couple roses out of a vase in the kitchen; not like his mom counted them or anything.

"cleopatra, pretty early on a saturday to want to hang out. here's your sweater btw," he said holding out the neatly folded sweater.

"gandhi, it's 11:30, i've been waiting for three hours," she said taking the sweater from his hands, "hey, you actually didn't ruin it. i'm surprised and impressed you gave it back in one piece, hey, what are those?" she asked while setting the sweater in her tote bag.

"i bought you these expensive roses this morning my love, only the best for The cleopatra," he said half sarcastically, holding out the two roses.

cleo looked slightly confused before taking the roses, "you went out and bought just two roses? i bet," she said laughing a little, breaking the stems off of both flowers.

"okay fine i got them from a vase in my kitchen but that doesn't mean you have to just break th-" his sentence cut short but cleo tucking the flower into gandhi's hair, putting the other rose in her own hair afterwards.

"now this makes us look like a good couple, come on, i have our day planned out already," she took his hand and off they went.

"so what does cleopatra have planned for the day, at any point is it stopping at my house and banging?"

"not even in your dreams gandhi. we need to get more matching outfits, that really got the attention yesterday."

"i don't want to wear matching, girly outfits for a whole week, does it really have to be so dramatic?"

"listen, if you do this i'll take off my shirt in front of you on friday. any more arguing though and the deal is off, i'm tired of the complaining."

"ooooh cleopatra you are 100% heard, from here on out my lips are sealed."

as joan and abe sat in the mall, abe still couldn't shake the horrible feeling from the night before.

"hey joan i have a serious question, a question i've wanted to ask you for quite a bit now."

joan's face lit up, was it really happening? only a couple days into her plan and it's finally happening, "of course abe you can ask me anything," she asked, leaning in slightly.