∘₊✧─✧₊∘chapter 4∘₊✧─✧₊∘

As the trio was in their deep sleep, they suddenly heard a door open, it wasn't that loud but it still was able to wake them up, the kamado siblings already knew who it was so the ran up to the door, for zenitsu he decided it was better  for him to stay where he was.

"I'm home" a deep voice spoke

"Michikatsu-san!" The crimson red eyed demon sang as he ran to give him a hug.

The tall man didn't like hugs, but there was something about the oldest kamado's hugs that would melt anyone to them.

The hashira petted his head and then looked over to the younger kamado, she was alive, he was so proud of her for surviving that awful mountain.

" by the way michikatsu-san, before I forget I brought my friend from the final selection over! His name is zenitsu! " the pink eyes demon slayer said very excited to introduce her new friend to the hashira.

"Oh alright then, just don't make a fuss here, I got a mission tomorrow early in the morning so forgive me I can't meet him right know, excuse me now I'll go sleep" he said as tanjiro looked up to him sad he won't be around for longer and nezuko looked a bit disappointed he won't get to meet her friend.

But what they didn't know is that the tall man wasn't actually busy he just didn't wanna meet another annoying teenager today, his last mission which he just came from was with 4 very annoying teenager, though they died, their pride didn't allow them to wait for the hashira to search for the demon, turned out it was a lower moon, it was easy for him to kill but we can see it wasn't the same for those.

As he went to his room the siblings went back to where zenitsu was to find him in a corner mumbling some nonsense about how he's too young to die, tanjiro wanted to comfort him so he went over to him took off his muzzle as he was allowed to do so now because nezuko became a demon slayer. he prefers to wear it unless he needs to speak as he doesn't wanna suddenly loose control.he then grew to his original size

"Zenitsu-san why are you so scared? " he said looking at zenitsu as the tears flow began to become lighter.

"I-I'm too young to dieee!! " he said scream whispering

"Well there is nothing that could hurt you here! I know michikatsu-san isn't gonna be around a lot but ma and nezuko can protect you! " he said giving him a warm smile like sunlight, little did he know that the reason the blonde boy was even scared was because of the hashira.

Nezuko knew of course but she just kept watching, it was entertaining is the best she could describe this scene in front of her

"Y-you're gonna protect me? " zenitsu said as he wiped the snot off his nose and let his last tears fall.

Tanjiro then nods putting back his muzzle on giving zenitsu one last smile.

"YOU'RE AN ANGEL TANJIROOO!!" He said hugging the demon boy

"If only nezuko here was as nice as you! " he said looking at nezuko as she glared at him but with a smile still on her face while tanjiro just watches confused, he just hopes this won't turn into a fight later on.

After a little more chatting they finally drifted back asleep, well not all of them, zenitsu was still awake, he couldn't sleep and he didn't know why, he just kept looking at tanjiro sleeping, he told himself it was creepy but he still did it anyways, it was as if he was under his spell, he still tried convincing himself that it was just because he is his friend, or that it was because he was nice, he even tried to justify it by saying its because he was a demon and he didn't trust him, but he knew deep down that he trusted the boy more than he trusts himself.

While the blonde as still creepily watching the demon boy sleep, michikatsu passed by seeing this view, he was honestly very fond of the demon boy, he was like a son to him so no way in hell is he gonna let him end up with a fool that can't protect himself from his own shadow, but he still wants tanjiro to be happy so if that means his happiness is with this bimbo I guess he's gonna allow it but he better not hurt him or let him get hurt in any way shape or form.

Zenitsu knew about the older man's presence because of his super hearing ability, he still didn't flinch or react to it, he didn't care if the rumors were all right or if he needs something, the only thing that matters to him right now was the beautiful sleeping boy in front of him, if it meant the world he would give it to him, he knows they just met but he just can't control this feeling, he was sure that if someone else also saw him he would fall in love but he wouldn't let that happen for sure, he was the only one that deserves to be with him and the only one deserving of his love.

After some time the hashira finally left to go do some paper work then sleep, however the blonde stayed awake for another hour then drifted to sleep as he wanted to wake up to spend time with the oldest kamado and of course because he needs the sleep after nights of only having 1-2 hours of sleep in the final selection, he needs to get all that lost energy back.

He yawned and as soon as he puts his head down he drifted deep into dream land.

Chapter 4 is over!! I hope you enjoyed it! See y'all I'm the next chapter soon!!!!