Chapter 10

Lily jolted up from her sleep gasping with fear from her nightmare as she clutched her chest

Lily jolted up from her sleep gasping with fear from her nightmare as she clutched her chest. She sighed in relief as she caught her breath looking beside her to see Freya still sleeping. She got out of the bed going up to the deck, Frank had obviously woken up up much earlier then them as he had already continued on with the journey.

"Had nightmares didn't you?" He chuckled at Lily.

Freya woke up not long after Lily and after much work they managed to wake and get MacGregor out of bed as Frank continued towards the rapids.

"All right, we're about to hit the butter churn. Ready, Pants? How about you Shorts?"

"You sure this is the only way." Freya asked him.

"Your girlfriend picked the route. She wanted to save two days."

"Uh, "butter churn," how literal a metaphor?" MacGregor spoke up.

"If you have anything of value, I would recommend that you store it below deck."

"Since I consider myself of value, I will see you all on the other side." He nodded dramatically, Lily stopping him going down the steps handing him the Arrowhead. "It's been lovely knowing you." He smiled sarcastically.

"Don't say that." Lily rolled her eyes

"Didn't take you for a religious person Shorts." Frank nodded to the woman with her eyes screwed shut as she clasped her hands together looking like she was praying.

"I'm not taking any chances."

"You sure you're up for this, Pants?"

"Just drive the boat, Skippy!" She sighed as MacGregor ran up the stairs towards the two of them. "What are you doing?"

"The ruddy cat. She's incessant."

"Here we go." Frank sighed as he shifted the gears making the boat launch forward as they dipped down into the rapids. Frank immediately had to steer side to side to avoid the rocks.

The boat took a tight turn as MacGregor was launched into Freya's side which pushed her back up against Lily. "Jesus MacGregor how much do you weigh." Freya groaned in a struggle to push her best friend off him.

"It's not my fault someone decided to send us on a suicide mission." He glared at his sister as she glared at him back.

The boat rocked side to side again as MacGregor lost his footing going forward on his face as he slid about on the deck somehow ending up at the front clinging for dear life onto one of the benches.

When MacGregor released his weight from off Freya she pulled herself to the opposite side of Frank holding onto the walls despite falling down.

"You wanna turn back?" Frank turned round to both of them.

"Just drive!" Freya and Lily yelled at Frank in sync. A wave pushed the back of the boat rotating the boat to its side first as another wave crashed onto the boat splashing and soaking Lily.

"Looks like you wet your pants, Pants."

"That was the wave." Her voice trembled.

"You should give up."

"You should give up the guitar." Frank glared at Lily for a moment before he follows her shocked expression after a gasp escaped her lips. Looking at the steep drop of the waterfall not far ahead of them.

Frank, with all his might, turned the wheel as far as it could go as the waves helped to push the boat round in the opposite way to the fall. The strong current going against the boat's full speed and it inches the half closer and closer to the fall.

"Come on." Frank groaned and he used all his force the boat engine kicking in as the boat kicked into full speed going against the strong current and pulled away from the waterfall, Frank steering to an exit that they were pushed away from earlier.

Frank let out a sigh of relief as he left the wheel when he could going to check on MacGregor. "Please don't ever do that again." MacGregor's voice was small as he looked up at Frank.

"I could turn the boat around and we could head back to town, how's that?"

"That may be the first intelligent thing you've said since we met." MacGregor took his shoes off pouring the water out of them as Freya managed to pull herself up, rushing past Lily as she get her stomach doing somersaults. She leaned over the side of the boat letting herself throw up, coughing along.

"How you doing there Shorts?"

"I thought the rapids were the butter churn not my stomach." She sighed shakily leaning up against the boat.

"How about you, Pants? You ready to go back to town?" Lily shook her head. "No?"

"I actually loved, uh, the whole experience. I... I found it, um, exhilarating."

"You're looking a little green around the gills. That's why I'm asking. Are you okay? Are you hungry?" Lily gagged at the idea. "Yeah, she's hungry. Have some cured piranha if you think you..." Lily cough as she did the same as Freya leaning over the side to throw up.

"You did good..." Frank patted her back as he past he gagging at the sight slightly. After Lily finished she slid down beside Freya.

"You feeling any better?" Lily wiped a strand of Freya's hair stuck to her forehead.

"Bit.... You know?... I think I get sea sick or at least motion sickness." Freya smirked weakly.

"You know what? Me too."