Rain

Rain poured from the heavens, shrouding the church in a curtain of mist. Hiroki stood by the window, her gaze fixed on the world outside, lost in quiet contemplation. The serenity of the chapel contrasted sharply with the turmoil within her heart. She had grown accustomed to the enigmatic figure who occasionally graced the church with his presence, yet his visits remained shrouded in an air of mystery.

As if in response to her thoughts, the doors creaked open, admitting a familiar figure cloaked in shadows. Hiroki turned, her eyes widening at the sight before her. Kaito stood at the threshold, his form hunched, his hands dripping with blood. The metallic scent of iron hung heavy in the air.

A gasp escaped Hiroki's lips, her hands instinctively flying to her mouth. She took a hesitant step forward, her voice tinged with concern. "What happened? Are you injured?"

Kaito's gaze met hers, his eyes like stormy skies, turbulent and unreadable. His voice, hoarse and weighted with exhaustion, carried a raw intensity as he finally spoke. "I need your name."

Hiroki's brow furrowed, her heart quickening at the urgency in his words. "My name? Why?"

Kaito's breathing was ragged, his hands clenched into fists, blood staining the fabric of his clothing. "And yours," he added, his voice steadier this time. "Tell me your name."

"Hiroki," she replied, a mixture of concern and confusion etching her features. "Hiroki is my name."

A brief pause hung between them, tension thickening the air. Kaito's lips parted, his voice resonating with a quiet intensity. "Kaito."

Hiroki's eyes widened, realization dawning upon her. "Kaito," she echoed softly, her heart a tumultuous symphony of emotions. "Thank you... for sharing."

Kaito's shoulders relaxed marginally, the storm in his eyes abating as he met her gaze with an unreadable intensity. The weight of his unspoken words lingered, a tapestry of secrets woven between them.

The rain outside continued its relentless downpour, a symphony of nature's fury against the world. Within the hallowed sanctuary of the church, two souls stood on the precipice of something profound—a connection forged in the crucible of bloodied hands and shared names.