He had been leaning with his hand on the doorframe when he nearly slipped. He wanted to take the joke in a jolly manner but the possibility of it being true turned his expression grave. Dino supplied an explanation for his confidence, "No hyung. I'm sure they were talking about Lee Yuri-ssi from I-Doll. They had a provisional contract in place so there was talk of her having to pay a penalty for breach of contract."

Seungcheol's eyebrows scrunched together in disbelief. Just until yesterday, Yuri had expressed positive interest in signing with the company. In fact, the whole ordeal had been so important to her that she'd hidden the details from her own boyfriend. Coups couldn't register the sudden change. Dwelling on the undeniable trust he had in Chan, Seungcheol looked in his direction, to confirm once more, "Are you certain it was about Yuri?"

Chan nodded. He felt guilt prick on his side for having broken the news to his hyung like this.

"Okay." Seungcheol waved a hand to ease the anxiety visible on the youngest's face. "Thanks for telling me." So, his girlfriend had signed with someone else in a day. Seungcheol turned around, nodding at the newly received information, slightly ashamed. It was humiliating enough to be the last to know, even worse to have to explain it to the world.

Before Chan or Seokmin could take any responsibility for the atmosphere that had grown thick, Seungcheol had already walked away with his phone connecting an urgent call. Once. Twice. Seungcheol waited on the ring, his feet impatiently tapping on the carpet of his room. It was only after several tries that Seungcheol realised. Yuri wasn't picking up any of his calls.

Was she busy? Or in trouble? Seungcheol thought about it. Was it possible that she was deliberately ignoring his calls? Quickly deciding that waiting for Yuri's response was pointless, Coups grabbed his car keys from the bowl next to the door and walked down the emergency stairs. Instead, he called his trusted contact in the company, happy to hear the click at the instant pick. "Hyung, is it true?" Seungcheol asked, opening his car door and seating himself in. He waited for the roar of his car for a second and continued, "Yuri changed her mind overnight?"

The caller on the other end seemed to be occupied with something when he replied, "That's what I'd like to ask you, Cheol-ah. What is this nonsense? I was told she was going to sign yesterday but apparently, she came to the office this," Interrupted by the sound of someone talking, the man paused mid-sentence, addressed the issue on hand and then turned back to respond, "—this morning. It's been a mess since morning, Cheol-ah. Yuri showed up this morning to inform the end of the provisional contract. She said she'd return everything she'd received and pay for any damages caused but offered no explanation for this. Did she not tell you anything or why she changed her mind all of a sudden?"

Seungcheol stepped on the break as he roughly parked around the area he knew. "No," He answered turning the call from speakerphone to handset, "Yuri hasn't mentioned a word. I'll let you know if I learn something."

Hearing a grateful comment from the other end, Seungcheol briefly looked around and slid his phone into his pocket. Quickly punching the code on the entrance, he headed over to the elevators and waited impatiently.

Cheol
Yuri, where are you? 1:56 pm
Return my calls the moment you see this 1:56 pm

He'd left many texts on her cell but there was no response. Yuri was AWOL and her sudden actions worried Seungcheol. First, she'd gotten hurt. Then the matter with Jung Min showing up at the hospital. Coups had a feeling it was all connected. What went down on the day of her signing? Why did she make such a choice? And why was Yuri not telling him anything?

 What went down on the day of her signing? Why did she make such a choice? And why was Yuri not telling him anything?