"Buck-"

"Because I was too much of a lovesick puppy for even thinking that you would really come back. Tell me Abby, did you ever have any intention of coming back or did you know before we said goodbye that you were leaving for good?"

"I said I was sorry, Evan! My God what else do you want me to say?!"

"I want you to tell me the truth," I say. My voice has gone from almost angry to dead calm. "Did you ever really love me at all?"

"Are you kidding me right now?! Of course I loved you Buck!" Abby takes a step towards me, but I step back.

"Nah. I don't believe that," I shake my head. "If you loved me, you would have stayed. You wouldn't have left me alone."

"I did love you. Too much. And that's exactly why I had to leave. People like me ruin people like you."

"You were my first real love, Abby. The only thing that ruined me was you not being honest with me about your intentions."

"I told you I didn't want to put a label on it, but you insisted!" I pause, not wanting to say anything that I'll regret. Judging by the look on her face, she's thinking the same. "I didn't come here to fight with you Buck." She says softly, almost a whisper.

"Then why did you come?"

She shrugs. "I guess...I guess I needed to say goodbye one last time." She steps closer and leans in, leaving a light peck on my cheek. She doesn't pull away fully, looking me in the eyes before saying "Goodbye, Evan." It's a whisper against my skin. She doesn't move and neither do I. I don't know how long we're standing there...seconds? Minutes maybe? I don't know. But it's long enough that I have time to think about what I want to do next.

"Abby-" she kisses me. I had full intentions of asking her to leave, but now? I am not a strong man when I am this broken.

I knew it was a bad decision as I kissed her back, but fuck it. She was here and if she really didn't want me then she would have left. I hated her for coming back, for being here; for putting me in this position. Well guess what, now she can hate me in the morning for what I am about to do. I hope her fiancé can forgive her; but for this, I refuse to.

I don't even pretend to be gentle as I man handle her back against the island in the kitchen and she gasps as her back hits the counter. I expect her to at least complain a little, to get a grip of herself and tell me she's leaving; but she doesn't. It only makes me hate her more.

She grabs at my shirt, tugs at it like she might rip it. I growl, it's feral and it's a warning. She is not allowed to ruin anything else. I pull away and pull it over my head in one fluid movement, tossing it to the side. I'm heaving in great big breaths, eyeing her from the corner of my eye. It's her move. I'm not a strong man in this moment but I'm also not about to push this if she decides to walk away. She doesn't. Instead she takes my hand and leads me up the staircase to my bed.

We don't say anything as she strips and then turns to rid me of my lingering clothing. I stand like a statue as she runs her hands over my chest before pulling me back in for a kiss. It breaks the last of my self control. I push us back onto the bed and climb on top. She seems to be enjoying the rough play but in my head my thoughts are on a loop 'Ihateyou! Ihateyou! Ihateyou!'; it turns my blood from liquid to fire. It burns through the chains and releases a beast I didn't even know existed and there is no kindness in me as I give her exactly what she wants.

I no longer care if she will like me in the morning. She can burn in hell with the beast inside me.

******