redemption

• HOT FLAMING CHEETOS •

narrative | long chapter

______

ever since their fight, the duo felt the atmosphere around them get heavier, with their friends mostly blaming paige because of what she had done. the blond was of course guilty of what happened, and she didn't forbid the others to hate her since it was entirely her fault.

from what she had heard after they fought, emrys was having a hard time sleeping, and paige felt the weight on her shoulders get heavier.

if only she was in the right mind that day, if only she didn't lash out, but nothing can change the fact that they went from the school's iconic duo to strangers with broken hearts.

azzi tried her best to help in the process of fixing the problem. nonetheless, her best efforts were all a fail.

with paige being to much of a pussy to confront the brunette, and emrys completely avoiding the blond, wanting nothing to do with her.

graduation came by and they part ways. or so they thought.

university of connecticut or UCONN is the duo's dream college, and they have always talked about being roommates once they were accepted.

but now, that idea is already burried deeply at the back of their thoughts, with every memory of each other they ever had. locked and forgotten.

_______

3 YEARS LATER | JUNIORYEAR

as soon as emrys started studying at uconn, she promised herself to focus more on her music career, and because of that, she had already released 2 albums that had gained positive reviews from her supporters.

the singer still tried to do 'normal college student things' like attending parties, getting wasted, doing the untold, and the only one thing she had done, making friends, or in her case, having a friend. yes, singular.

and that friend was no other than the croatian basketball player, nika muhl.

"emy, get your ass up, your first class starts in 9."  the athlete said, barging inside the room.

it was 6 in the morning and emrys could tell that nika had just finished her morning run. the croatian girl liked to wake the singer up early since she knows how long it takes for her to get ready.

"i'm up, i'm up, no need to push me down the floor."

an hour and a half had passed and the two was getting ready for the day. emrys wore a simple ac/dc black graphic tee, gray sweatpants, and her nike dunks.

their apartment was 20 minutes away from the university and it was usually emrys who was driving them to school after what had happened when nika was the one behind the wheel. emrys shivered remembering the incident.