Reading on Wattpad (Advanced)

Anything you see with the icon 🔗is a link.
Click on those, and you will be directed to helpful places.

Are you looking to enhance your user experience?You've mastered the basics of navigating stories, leaving comments, and voting on your favorite chapters-now it's time to take your reading experience to the next level

You've mastered the basics of navigating stories, leaving comments, and voting on your favorite chapters-now it's time to take your reading experience to the next level. In this advanced edition, we'll delve deeper into tips and tricks that might change your reading game drastically! Enhance your interaction with stories, help you discover hidden gems, and connect with the Wattpad community like never before. Let's go!

Recommendations and favorite genres
When you first sign up for Wattpad, you choose a few genres you are interested in reading. After you've chosen story recommendations based on the genres you chose when you signed up, you'll start receiving suggestions for stories Wattpad's algorithms may think you will like. But over time, your recommendations will change based on your reading habits, and you can actually influence that.

Since your 🔗story recommendations are based on your reading habits, the more you read in a particular genre or tag, the more you will see similar stories appear on your homepage. Here are a few ways how you can customize the recommendations shown on your homepage:

🔗Top 10 Stories Hotlist - When it comes to finding a new story, it's great to have options! With the Top 10 Stories row, you don't have to worry about missing out on the hottest story and possibly your next favorite. Stories that have gained popularity and are trending in your country will regularly surface here, keeping you up-to-date with what readers are currently enjoying and helping you find a great new read.

🔗Filter the tags you want to see - All experienced writers on Wattpad tag their stories in one way or another. This is great because that means you, as a reader, can use those tags to control what stories are recommended to you! You can toggle tags on and off or block certain tags to define your preferred content.

🔗Search stories by tag -Did you know there are a couple of ways to search for stories by tag word? You can use Wattpad's search bar and refine the tags in your search there. Or you can directly search in your browser by simply using our tips below!

If you want a broad, diverse selection of all the stories using a certain word or genre, use this search criteria:

https://wattpad.com/search/insert word here

For example:
🔗https://www.wattpad.com/search/vampire

If you want to refine your search for the top-ranking (Hot List) stories in a specific tag, use this search criteria in your browser: