Margret had pinned my hair up into an elegant bow with plaits and decorated pearl clips that held up my thick wavy black hair. She placed a bit of eye liner to make my black eyes stand out even more in my tan skin and placed natural lip stick to just make my already natural pink lips shine.

I had never used make up that much and Margret tried not too, she said I didn't need it but when I saw the other cake face people I always wondered if I should put some more. After all you can't really tell what you look like.

The door opened and I sighed getting up. I looked around, it was quite warm actually. Darius got up and I followed him as we walked to the entry, as soon as we were in the midst of people he placed an arm on me pretending to be the perfect husband and wife and I rolled my eyes. Yea right.

He placed a hand on my lower back and I moved away giggling. He looked down at me confused.

"I'm ticklish!" I said. He ignored me and placed his hand there anyway pushing me inside and I frowned, well I tried to frown but couldn't as it tickled too much. I was extremely ticklish and his fingers touching the dress made it even more ticklish than usual.

Just as we entered the place a camera snapped in my direction and my smile vanished from my face as I turned around.

"How does it feel being married at-" there were more flashes and I felt myself being pushed through a crowd to get in. All I saw were black suits and flashes before finally I saw decorated light and a ball room.

Looking around I noticed this wasn't like the normal ballroom. It was decorated like a kid's birthday party but it wasn't one. Maybe this was what Margret meant when she was trying to tell me about Miss Alvins and how she was an odd one in the bunch,

I thought it looked pretty cool.

Darius lead me to our table and pulled my chair out. I sat down looking over my shoulder at the stairs where a lady was dressed in a massive gold dress with what I think were card symbols sewed all over her bottom half.

"That's Miss Austin," whispered a voice in my ear and I nodded staring at the woman. She was a plump women but seemed very friendly and childish with her ways. I liked her.  I looked back at the table and saw the pastries Margret mentioned about and smiled. You could tell they were made by her by the uneven crust and everything but they looked adorable.

It was hard to believe these things were poisonous.

"Darius my man!" I looked up as a younger man came around the table and hugged Darius. I was surprised, people actually liked him.

"Whatcha up to couz," he said. He looked at me and flashed a toothy grin, "And this must be the beautiful wife," he said. He grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on it and I tried not to look disgusted.

"That's Al- Go-" he looked at me and I sighed, "Ivory," I said.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful lady, I am Adrian" he said winking. He sat on the other side of Darius and I watched them both talk listening in every now and then.

"No girl this time?" asked Darius a smile on his face. I hadn't seen one in ages, actually I don't think I have seen one on him at all. He was always grumpy or glaring or emotionless at home.

"Nope I think I'll pick up some lovely lady," he said smiling looking around, "There seem to be plenty here," he said winking at me and Darius shook his head like he was used to all this and I raised an eyebrow looking away.

I smiled and greeted the people as they stopped to say hi to us and made small talk as the rest of the table was filled up. I was glad both Mr and Mrs Cartwell were in my table. They were two people I got along with in the other parties.