𝟓

Everyone quickly started to tuck into their meals, making the occasional small talk between mouthfuls - mostly about what everyone was excited to do over the summer. Luna, however, was trying to ignore her best friend waving his phone in her face as he tried to show her some random, dumb meme he had found on the internet. "Steven, I swear to God, if you look at that phone one more time, I'm putting it in the screen basket," Laurel threatened.

"It's just that we want to see all your beautiful faces," Susannah smiled.

It was clear that he wasn't going to listen, as he continued to scroll through his phone. Luna made eye contact with Jeremiah who gestured for her to distract him. It took her a moment to understand what he was saying as the very tiny flailing gestures were extremely confusing. However, she immediately knew what to do once she did.

"Steven," Luna whispered as she discreetly placed her hand on his thigh, using the same method she had to steal the snacks earlier. His attention was instantly on her, allowing Jeremiah to snatch the phone out of his hands and throw it into the screen basket.

"Boom! Nailed it."

"Dude!? Are you kidding me?" Steven hissed.

"Thank you Luna for your assistance," Jeremiah saluted.

"You were in on this!?" Steven gasped.

Luna held her hands up in surrender and pointed towards the other boy. "It was all Jeremiah's idea."

"Judas," Jeremiah whispered.

Laurel sneakily pulled out her phone and took a photo of Luna laughing; she knew that Heather would love to see this. She quickly sent a text before anyone had the chance to notice, knowing that she would have a LOT of protests from her kids.

LAUREL 19:30

Look at your beautiful daughter x

♡︎

The laughing calmed down shortly afterwards as everyone started to finish their food. "Do you play any sports? That was an amazing shot before," Luna innocently questioned, genuinely wanting to get to know the people she would be staying with better.

Steven scoffed and rolled his eyes, throwing the piece of bread he had been eating down onto his plate. "We get it, he's got muscles...he's been working out. So what?"

Belly interrupted, "Oh, you're just jealous because Jere has a better body than you."

"Uh, no, actually, it's all about the lean look now. Otherwise, you can't wear tailored suits," Steven defended himself.