-You didn't give me an ultimatum. You were in the clinic at all then.

-I know what it cost you to get me out of there.

-I don't regret what I did. Your health and state of mind were more important at that moment.

-More important than your happiness?

-Jisoo!- Rose's tone dropped. She looked at her sister reproachfully and shook her head.- It's not your fault. Remember better, on whose whim you ended up in that clinic. And I was so busy with my life that I let Boram do it. But now look what's going on. She went back to her old ways, even though she promised she would never do that again.

-I agree that our sister crosses the line again. That's just the question why? She never does anything for nothing.- Jisoo wondered.- So Songmin is working at a security agency now?

-He is the deputy head of the Kim Agency. Still stubborn and determined. After his visit, I was going to blow Boram to smithereens, but she's in New York at the international congress and won't be back until tomorrow.

-It's a good thing you didn't smash her. First, we both need to calm down and figure out what's going on. We will always have time to make a scandal.

They talked for almost two hours and at the end of the conversation Jisoo finally felt satisfied that Rose was fine and would not do anything stupid. The sister looked calm and even smiled when they said goodbye and wished each other good night. But after her call, the girl did not fall asleep, although it was already nearing morning. She tried to work a little more, but already completely sluggish; in the end, Jisoo still fell asleep before dawn.

Now, looking into Jennie's darkening brown eyes, as if plunging into a storm, Jisoo felt cheerful. She understood that this state would not last long, but it was Kim's proximity that affected her like a sip of hot strong coffee.

-Am I jealous?- She snorted.- Nothing like that! But you don't deny that you had it.

-Yes, she was here.- Jisoo agreed.- But then she left. However, I really didn't have enough time to sleep, and Signy had absolutely nothing to do with it.

-You need to sleep.- Jennie's tone brooked no objections.

-I agree, but I still have a whole day of classes ahead of me, and I hardly have time to sleep.

The teacher came in and they had to interrupt the conversation. The lecture began. Out of the corner of her eye, Jennie noticed how the brunette was struggling, trying to get comfortable to record material. As the class continued, her head bent lower and lower, and when her cheek touched the crook of her elbow, it became clear that the girl had simply fallen asleep. It was clear that this was not the first night when she did not sleep. What she did there at night is unknown, but definitely not rest. Catching the teacher's disapproving look a couple of times, Jennie gently shook Jisoo by the shoulder and, leaning into her ear, whispered:

-Hey, you can't be in this position — your neck will go numb and all the muscles will hurt later.

-I'm fine.- The girl muttered sleepily, propping her chin with her palm, but her head continued to slide down. The lecturer's tone was indeed soporific. She should have stayed at her place and not gone to this class, she wouldn't remember anything in this state anyway. Jisoo was still trying to fight with herself, but she felt that she was losing this battle. Several nights in a row without normal sleep still made themselves felt, the accumulated fatigue pressed harder and harder. The last athletics training session was held at the limit of its capabilities, and the coach was dissatisfied with its results. Jisoo thought that if she closed her eyes for a while, nothing terrible would happen. And then her thoughts began to drift away again. Someone's soft but confident touch pulled her aside, and she succumbed to it, allowing herself to be carried away into a cozy warmth, finally falling asleep.