Seriously? (Oliver)

Well, that was it. I told my family I'm dropping out and going for my dreams. I thought it might go over better though. Cooper seemed.. I'm not sure but it was something along the lines of upset. I feel bad. I'm not sure what I did but I know he's upset. I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my dad begin to speak.

"Oliver... listen you're going to college." He says firmly.
"Guys listen I don't have to! Gyftee is doing super great!" I reply, my ego slightly dented.
"Sweetie, I know your app might be doing... well fine right now, but you are going to need this education in the future." Mom replies.
"I just don't know guys. I mean I am only going to get rich, but this app is going to make me rich! Right? You guys get it." I say with a shrug.
I can see my mothers anger building with each word. "Oliver, you are going to college end of conversation." She says with a firm statement.
I sigh and walk down to the basement

As I walk down to the basement I see Cooper laying face first on his bed. He's not even on his phone or listening to music or anything, he's just lying there. I don't think he's even asleep.

"Uhm dude?" I say while prodding at his leg.
"Oh!" He jumps up immediately. "Hey dude what's up?" He says while positioning himself so he's sitting on the edge of the bed.
"What are you doing?" I reply.
"Oh you know, just resting." He says with little to no care in his voice.
"So.. why were you acting off earlier?" I say with a hint of concern in my voice.
"I'm not sure what you're talking about amigo." He replies.
"Man come on, I know when something is up with you." When I say this I see the corner of his mouth slightly twitch as if he were going to smile but he doesn't.
"It's just.." Cooper says while he runs his fingers through his hair. "Are you seriously not finishing school? Or going to Harvard? All because of Gyftee?" He says quietly.
"I think I'm forced to go to college either way. I guess I just wanted something to announce with the rest of the family. I think.. well I think I'm still going. It's just sometimes I feel counterproductive when I think about going to Harvard, like.. there's so many ways to get rich right? Why does Harvard have to be on that list? I don't know man. I'm just overwhelmed and I feel like I've squeezed every bit of fun out of life. I don't know if there's anything even left for me." I say as I feel an overwhelming amount of sadness fill my body.
Cooper frowns at my discontent "Whatever you do, you will always have me." He says before leaning towards me and giving me a hug.
His hug makes me smile. He's the best person I know. I love his smile and the way his eyes light up when he's happy. I catch myself in my thoughts. I don't think of him like that he's just my good friend and always will be.

Cooper and I walk back upstairs at dinner time and sit down at the table. Anna-Kat and Franklin went out on a walk and Trip went back home so it was just Me, Cooper, Taylor, Mom, and Dad. Tonight was one of the nights that Mom cooked instead of Cooper so the food was... definitely not as good.

After dinner I get up from the table and put my dishes in the sink. As I'm walking though I trip on Luthor and go tumbling onto the floor until I get caught by Cooper just in time.

"Woahh watch it amigo!" He says as he puts me back on my feet.
"Wow thank god your boyfriend caught you Oliver!" Taylor says with a chuckle.
"Taylor! How many times do I have to tell you, Cooper and I aren't together!" I yell back at her with an eye roll. Cooper laughs and I see Mom whisper into dads ear as they erupt into laughter. "What? What's so funny guys?" I say sarcastically as I go sit on the couch.

I sit on the couch and Cooper sits next to me while I turn on a movie. Everyone agrees on watching Spider-Man while Cooper and mom get up to load the dishwasher.