009. 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘷𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

Start from the beginning

Walking into the lab, he took the HYDRA weapons in one hand and Freya's sword in the other, slamming it onto the table.

"I thought you didn't know where her sword was. What else aren't you telling me?" Steve asked.

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract, that included Freya. We didn't know how to wake her up but we were working on it" Fury said.

"I was wrong, Director. The world hasn't changed a bit" Steve said as Thor and Natasha walked in.

"Where did you get this?" Thor asked, picking up the sword. "This does not belong to any of you."

"S.H.I.E.L.D," Steve said.

"Did you know about this?" Banner asked Natasha, gesturing to the screen that Tony pulled up, showing that they had been using the Tesseract to try and make weapons.

"You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?" Natasha asked him.

"I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed" Banner scoffed.

"Loki is manipulating you," Natasha said.

"And you've been doing what, exactly?" Banner asked.

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you," Natasha said.

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction" Banner said.

"Because of him," Fury said, gesturing to Thor.

"Me?" Thor asked.

"70 years ago someone showed up claiming to be from another planet. Saying that she was here to help," Fury said. "Then last year, Earth had another visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned."

"Our people want nothing but peace with your planet," Thor said.

"But you're not the only people out there, are you? And you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, that can't be controlled" Fury said.

"Like you're trying to control the cube?" Steve asked him.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. You kept Freya here like she was treasure that you found. You are lucky that Asgard did not bring it armies here after learning what happened" Thor said.

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something" Fury said.

"A nuclear deterrent. Because that always calm's everything right down" Tony said.

"Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark" Fury said.

"I'm sure if he still made weapons, Stark would be neck deep-"

"Wait, wait. Hold on. How is this now about me?" Tony asked.

"I'm sorry, isn't everything?" Steve asked.

"I thought humans were more evolved than this" Thor scoffed.

"Excuse me, did we come to your planet and blow stuff up?" Fury asked.

"You treat your champions with such mistrust," Thor said.

"They're not my champions!" Fury said.

"Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats" Natasha said.

"Captain America's on threat watch?" Banner asked.

"We all are," Natasha said.

On a small jet a few feet away from the helicarrier they were in, Freya stood with Barton and the other men under Loki's control.