24. There is sense of charity in a quick death

Start from the beginning

I look away from those painful grey eyes and stand behind my chair at the table, everyone else remains standing also their eyes flicking between myself and the large empty chair at the head of the table besides me.

Within seconds the doors open again and this time my father walks in his eyes looking at the wand twisting between his fingers.

As he reaches his chair he looks up his eyes meeting mine, he tilts his head slowly his eyes scanning my face and my body as if he is assessing every inch of it. He looks away without a word and instead sits down into his chair his black cloak around him. I see a movement within the blackness of my fathers cloak and let out a quick shocked breath as I see a pair of yellow small eyes within the darkness. Nagini slides upwards her large head resting on the wooden table in front of us.

"What news is there?" My fathers voice is flat and as quiet as a whisper as he looks up meeting eyes with the death eaters down the other end of the table.

"My Lord" one of the many faceless death eaters bows their heads "we have taken the Ministry. We have Ticknesse under the imperious curse."

Laughs and applause sounds around the table as the other death eaters hear this news.

Voldemort nods slowly "that's good. So the ministry over power is in action then. It won't be long until I rise to further power then." He turns his head to me "what do you think daughter?"

I turn to him and offer a tight smile "I think that's great news father. Now we just have to deal with the current Minister of Magic Scrimgeour and then it will be ours."

"Indeed" Voldemort looks up once again "and who is going to be in charge of disposing of the current traitor?"

A few of the death eaters raise their wands to show they are in control of that.

"Very good" my father leans back in his chair "now we have a large plan of action coming up but that will be discussed tomorrow as there is further work required."

A loud scream sounds from beneath us and the room grows deadly silent as eyes look around confused. I look up and meet Dracos eyes his face full of fear as he looks away from me and towards his mother. Narcissa sits with her eyes shut and her breathing heavy as her chest rises and falls.

I feel an anger growing in my chest for this poor family, Narcissa has seen her home turn from somewhere she raised her only son with so much love to a den for evil and twisted people.

"Father" I hear my own words before I register what I am doing "what was that?" I look around the room again to see everyone avoiding my eyes now, everyone but Draco that is. He is staring at me his face like thunder, his eyebrows are pulled together and he slightly shakes his head at me.

I look away from him and back to my father "is there someone in the cellar?"

He tilts his head slightly as his snake like eyes meet mine. He stays silent for several seconds when a second scream rings out, he smiles slowly "actually daughter that is our guest." He looks to the corner of the room "go get her won't you Wormtail?"

The rat like man steps out of the shadows bowing his head to my father as he backs out of the room running as soon as he reaches the doorway.

"A guest?" I sit up straighter "who?"

My father smiles coldly "now now I don't want to ruin the surprise do I?"

Footsteps sound outside of the large room as Wormtail scurries through the doorway his wand is pointed in the air and above him floats a female body.

Her body is twisted as if in pain and her head is thrown backwards towards the ground, her long hair covers her face however as it hangs downwards. Her arms are open wide as if she is falling but instead she remains floating in the air.