008. 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘯

Start from the beginning

"But we don't have the harness. My calculations are far from complete. And she's throwing off interference, radiation. Nothing harmful, low levels of gamma radiation" Selvig said.

"That can be harmful," Fury said. "Where's Agent Barton?"

"The Hawk?" Selvig scoffed. "Up in his nest, as usual."

Suddenly the entire building began to rumble as the tesseract began spitting out energy pusles. Everyone ducked down as a beam of light, shot out and created some kind of portal across the room.

The energy shot up to the sky before dissipating into a cloud of blue smoke, leaving a man no one had ever seen standing before them.

Fury, looked up, seeing him holding a spear with a bright blue glowing orb in its center.

"Sir, please put down the spear!" Fury called out.

Loki looked at him with a smirk, using the spear to send a blast of energy his way. Agents poured into the room, guns drawn as they began shooting at him, but with his scepter, it was pretty impossible to get a shot in.

Looking straight ahead, Loki gripped his spear in anger as she spotted Freya, lying asleep in a box.

"What did you do?" he growled, taking a step closer to her before Clint rushed out in front of him, gun drawn.

Loki grabbed his arm, stopping him from making a move. "You have heart," he said before he pressed the sharp end of his scepter to Clint's chest.

Fury watched as Clint's eyes turned black, fading into a light blue before Loki let go of him and Clint put his gun back into his holster.

Using the scepter, Loki added a few more agents to his team before he walked up to the glowing coffin Freya was lying in, and used the scepter to get it open.

A low hissing sound echoed out as the top swung open. Loki looked down and smiled, having finally found Freya after 70 years. He betrayed his brother and Asgard, nearly letting the Frost Giants take over and kill Odin all for this moment.

Taking the scepter he pressed it to her chest and watched as her eyes flew open, completely black before a blue mist crossed over them and then faded into her normal brown.

Freya looked up, not recognizing where she was, and could barely remember anything before she was asleep.

"Freya."

Looking to her right, she saw Loki, smiling down at her. Completely under his spell she looked at him and smiled.

"Loki. You found me" she said, taking his hand as he pulled her up.

"Of course I did. I would never let Odin just leave you here to rot" he said, before noticing she didn't have her sword or her cape. "Where are your things?"

Freya looked down, finally realizing she didn't have them. "I'm not sure," she said.

"Don't worry. We'll find them" he said before turning to Fury who was attempting to leave with the Tesseract. "Please don't. I still need that."

"This doesn't have to get any messier" Fury said.

"Of course it does. I've come too far for anything else. I am Loki, of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious purpose" Loki said.

"We have no quarrel with your people," Fury said.

"Is that why you're keeping a goddess trapped in a box for seventy years?!" Loki shouted. "This planet will pay for what it has done."

"Seventy years?" Freya mumbled, not realizing she had been asleep for so long.

"Yes. Odin and Thor meant to leave you here, for humans to do whatever they wish with you. But I refused" Loki said.