007. 𝘨𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘦

Start from the beginning

"Steve-"

"And then I meet you, standing in the middle of the road and you look...I don't even think there's a word for it. And you're nice and kind but still fearless and strong. And you cry tears of freaking gold and I don't even know where to begin with-"

"Steve!" Freya exclaimed, cutting off his rant. "You know for someone who says he's scared to talk to women I don't even think you took a breath."

"Yeah, I uh...I guess I got a little carried away" he said, scratching the back of his neck.

"It's okay. I think I like when you get carried away" Freya laughed.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," she nodded, her hands resting on his chest as she glanced up at his lips. A hint of a smile on her face as she had to crane her neck to reach him. Their lips inches from each other they jumped apart, hearing Colonel Philips shout his name.

"Rogers! Get your ass in here!"

Steve sighed, his forehead resting against hers. "We should hurry" Freya mumbled.

"Yeah, we should," he said but neither of them made a move to leave.

"In case you two forgot, the war's not over yet!" Philips shouted.

Freya let out a small laugh as she finally pulled away. "Come on. Before he gets angry."

"I figured he was always angry."

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

The Howling Commandoes, the team Steve had put together, including Freya, took down Hydra base after Hydra base. And while Freya was more than proud of her efforts in helping the war efforts she was only growing more discouraged in her efforts to find the tesseract.

It was taking much longer than she expected and was hoping that Odin wasn't growing upset, the longer she was gone.

But for the first time in two years, they were close. Morita, one of the men on their team, intercepted a message from Hydra informing them where, when, and what train Armin Zola would be on. It just so happened to be on a train through the Swiss Alps, a high snowy mountain peak.

"You okay?" Steve asked as she stood next to Freya, looking down into the valley below.

"Fine, why?" she asked.

"You seem...agitated," he told her.

"Not agitated. Just hoping this is it. Or at least close to it" she told him.

"If Zola's on this train, then I'm sure it is," he said.

"Hey, Freya. You don't happen to have an extra one of those magic flying capes do you?" Bucky asked.

"Unfortunately no. But I can carry you if you're scared" she smirked.

"We were right" Morita called out. "Zola's aboard that train. Hydra dispatcher gave him permission to open up the throttle. Wherever he's going, they must need him bad."

Hearing a rumbling below, they could see the train headed in their direction.

"We only got a ten-second window," Steve said, attaching his bar to the zipline they'd be using. "You miss that window, we're bugs on a windshield."

"I know you were joking but I wouldn't mind being carried," one of the men said.

"You'll be fine," Freya told her before jumping down, soaring through the sky before landing near the front car of the train.

While Steve and Bucky took the back of the train, Freya headed with Morita toward the front. She was in charge of finding Zola while Steve was in charge of keeping all the other Hydra agents occupied.