LOVE & BASKETBALL.

Start from the beginning

"She is boujie. She been trying to get me to take her on dates and shit for the longest... Like that's finna fucking happen. But I guess she seen yo girl friend with me and felt some pressure." LaMelo laughed, remembering how Brookie was staring at her.

Brookie and LaMelo have been talking for a few months now. They first met when she started working at The Players Club and the boys so happened to be in her and her bestfriend, Tally's, section. 

Let Brookie tell it, LaMelo had a thing for slim pretty brownskins so he couldn't let her pass him by, asking for her number the same night and tipping her big. But LaMelo's thought process was a little different. He liked to mark his territory and he did that by hitting every bad bitch in and around LA first. 

To Brookie they were on the brink of becoming the IT couple in LA. Him with his streetwear brand, and her with her influencing lifestyle, they were bound to be the next Lauren and Nipsey. And the sooner he asked her to be his, the sooner her delusions — I mean dreams — could come to fruition. 

To LaMelo she was just his favorite girl on the roster right now. Yeah, he'd buy her some In-N-Out here and there, and maybe let her spend the night every so often, but he had no intentions on being in any kind of relationship with her, or anybody for that matter. He was king of the streets and planned to keep it that way, especially since his liaison found himself a 'happy home'.

"She mentioned Tally missed you." LaMelo smiled slyly, trying to play as the little devil on Devin's shoulder. 

"Tally, tally, tally." Devin sang. "I need to see what that mothafucka talking bout. Oowee." Devin patted his chest, but he was all talk. He used to want to fuck with Tally heavy until Stasi gave him a chance, now he wasn't even on that type of time anymore.

"Man Anastasia got yo ass on lock, and now that you hit, you not finna see what shit like. Say good bye to the streets, my boy." Devin ain't been outside in so long Melo had to find a new accomplice for the 2 mans.

"Shit nigga if I really wanted to hit another bitch I could." Devin spoke through the wash cloth that moved across his face.

"Cap, Stasi running shit now.  She almost knocked yo head loose when she seen shorty gettin off yo lap last night. You done."

Devin kissed his teeth. " I had another bitch on my lap and still got some pussy." He tapped his head. "Anastasia don't run shit over here nigga, that's all me."

"Cap, you pushed that girl so fast I thought she fell out the section." He chuckled remembering shorty damn near fall to the ground.

"Yeah whatever nigga, Stasi family having a cookout roll through with me?"

"Damn you ain had enough of seeing her?"

𝙱𝚕𝚊𝚣𝚎

✩⋆

"Where you want me to put the ice, Berto!?" Anastasia yelled as we walked into the crowded yard.

"We asked for that shit 2 hours ago! You always fucking late!" He responded with sass in his tone, causing them to start arguing. The cookout started at 12 but of course we didn't get there til 2. After being at the club all night, we had to get our sleep back in. I walked through the perfectly cut grass, weaving through the web of people while saying hello, stopping at the tall tattooed figure manning the grill.

"Daaamn, Blaze you got grown on a nigga." Alejandro, Stasi's oldest brother, smiled pulling me into the biggest bear hug. "You look good, mami." He pulled away.