CH. 2 - Figuring Things Out

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Yeah, I guess it isn't using any English so far," Fit replied to Ramón's sign, his confusion matching with his egg's. "We can just call it 'Frop' as it's name," Phil suggested.

Chayanne - who was staying observant the whole time - placed down two signs, one reading; 'how will we talk to it properly if it replies and talks in meeps D:', and another saying; 'what's 'meep' anyway to it? and why 'meep'?'. While he was writing, Tallulah placed down a sign, also to Phil, saying; 'i think 'Frop' is a nice name for it :D'

"I'm not sure Chayanne, that's the thing," Phil answered to him with a sigh. "Not only that, the quests for today is, ugh, not the best, f**king whale-watching and s**t. I mean the whale-watching can be fine from the place I talked about before but the ocean monument, nah..."

Double-checking the quests for the day, Fit realized the worry and agreed completely to him. "Oh yeah, clearing an ocean monument with the new egg isn't so well..."

Tallulah placed down a sign around where Phil was looking, reading; 'and we were gonna do them today D:'. He replied, "Yeah, we were! But because of this 'Frop' - and we don't even know if someone was taking care of it before we came - we might as well attempt to make things work."

After talking, he noticed that Chayanne have placed a sign to Frop, reading; 'you know how to fight?'. It only looked at him, its drawn eyes glaring with no shown emotions. It stared and stared and stared...

-

Frop's Mind

Fight?

Do me (I) need to fight here

Is it good here

Is it bad here

Do me (I) need to do this here

Do me (I) need to take revenge here

Me (I) do not have a weapon here

Only in displays here

Me (I) cannot take displays here

Friend said so here

Displays are open here

Displays can be taken here

Do me (I) have to break rules here

Do me (I) have to take displays here

Should I do it?

-

3rd-person POV

Abruptly, Frop sharply turned away from Chayanne and ran towards one of the open displays, which was displaying an unenchanted iron sword called 'Display 1'. It both removed the displayed weapon and item frame itself, before running back to him, holding the sword. It wasn't much, but it was a start, seeing that it had nothing with it before.

All of a sudden, it swung its sword around spots where the others wouldn't get hurt, as if practicing to wield a weapon and strike with all its might as a beginner. However, by accident, it hit Ramón upon attempting to aim at a nearby wall to smack. While the blow didn't actually deal much damage since he was wearing well-enchanted slime armour, his instinct kicked in and hit it back. Thankfully the blow was just with his bare strength, before holding back the next strike in realization, Fit almost having to cut between them just in case things went a bit too far.

Chayanne then placed two signs again in response to Frop's action to Phil, one reading; 'i see potential' and the other saying; 'maybe it needs range weapons like a bow-'n-arrow? there's one on display and we can give some arrows'.

"You sure it's gonna be fine?" Phil asked, slightly worried whether it was a good idea or not, but his son crouched up and down rapidly for a moment, indicating a 'yes' if not using a sign to say so. He then sharply turned to one of the displays that was holding an unenchanted bow and snatched it from its display, before giving it to Frop. Both of them crouched up and down happily, as if ready for what's to come. Both Ramón and Tallulah joined in, making a whole short party of joy, perhaps before the risk of the quests.

"Should we go to the dock area now?" Phil then asked Fit during the eggs' happy vibe time. He responded with something similar to 'yes', before the both called their eggs and Frop to go with them on getting out of the basement. However, before getting out, Frop went and got the canvas it was painting on before following from behind.

They talked about things for a bit, but once they were out of the basement and from the adoption centre itself, they were met with a familiar face - a familiar smile - and familiar voice coming from the familiar person.

"Good morning. What are you doing?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Slowly and steady, we'll get to the quests :)