Prolouge

The white-haired boy held the fuschia-haired girl's hand as they both sped through the battlefield. The home the boy and girl once knew was now a battlefield, and there wasn't anything the two could do more.

"I'm so sorry.. Ha--" The girl apologised. Because of a loud explosion nearby, none could've heard the name she whispered. "It's okay, Na-" Another explosion happens, which causes the boy to run faster. "We'll get through this." 

The tears were flooding the girl's face, leaving her vision to be blurry. She stood there in silence, not listening to the chatter of her best friend and his brother-figure. For her, it didn't seem real. Her sister-figure. Injured. Begging her best friend to help her escape. Begging Nana to save myself. The cries. The blood. 

"Nana." The boy said, jerking the girl awake from the flashback. "It'll be alright. Big bro Alu will save your sister." 

His warm smile covered his face, but she noticed the tears streaming down his face too. She then realises that she can't depend on him any longer.  He's one year older than her. She needs to toughen up. 

She puts a big smile on her face. The one the boy always knew. The one the boy loved seeing. Upon seeing that smile, his smile turns bigger, and his stomach was filled with butterflies.

"Now, shall we go slay some demons?" the girl said, her smile turning mischevious. 

"We should probably.. heal first." the boy said, looking at the bruises and cuts on her bare skin. "Besides, Miya would've loved for you to run away and not risk your life slaying the demons of the Abyss." 

"B-but-" the girl protested, but she was interrupted by a male demon, who looked powerful. His eyes were fully black. His aura was very dark, and both the boy and the girl knew that this guy is from the abyss. 

The girl readied her weapon, which seemed to be a boomerang. The boy tried to stand in front of her, but the girl lightly pushed him away. 

"Stay behind. Your HP is lower than mine." she whispered. 

"But I promised--" 

"It's okay." 

"Aww, I have to seperate the couple.. How depressing." the boy said in a fake sad voice. The girl's face starts to warm up, but she didn't let her guard down. 

"Let me take you to another world." The boy smirks and laughs eviling. 

Nana starts to tremble a bit. She was starting to feel afraid. 

The boy screams as he casts his first skill. Nana was preparing for impact, using her boomerang as protection. She shuts her eyes, waiting for it.

She was surprised to see nothing coming her way. So she opens her eyes. She sees the boy she loved on the floor. Finding out he took the hit for her, Nana felt enraged. 

"What have you done?!" she yelled. 

"I did only what I needed to do.." he smirked. "Now, its your turn." 

Nana felt the tears streaming her face once again. Although she had trained her entire life, this all still felt new. 

As a reflex, she threw Molina at the demon and picked up the boy. As he is much heavier than her, she struggled. Really much. 

"No, please.. Kitty.. stay with me." she whispered, walking as fast as she can back to the base. 

But, the spell Molina placed on the demon boy had already disappeared and he was back. 

"Awh, how sweet." he commented. 

But because she was walking slowly, the demon boy easily used his 2nd skill, and dashed close to them. One basic attack and its done for both of them. She tried running, but because of the boy she was carrying on her back, it was impossible. 

The demon boy is behind them, and she was ready to face the hit and die alongside her best friend. 

But then she heard a familiar beat. 

"Joy!" she yelled, as she notices a yellow light dash through the demon boy. 

"Take Ha--" she yelled, but got interrupted by the demon boy. 

"Not another pesky Leonin!" he yelled. 

"Take him to the base Nana." she said. Nana nodded without hesitation. 

 "Thank you, Joy!" Nana yelled. Tears in her eyes. She used Molina's blessing to be invincible and sprint for a few seconds. 

She arrived at the base, passing out after she managed to heal the boy. 

---------------------------------

Then, the leonin woke up. Only this time, she wasn't in a battle field. She was at home in her bed.

---------------

A/N I know most of y'all will skip this, but if its cringe pls tell me ahhaha I take constructive criticism very well- 

This is my 1st fanfic in a long time HAHHA