Chapter 1

(A/N: LET'S GOOOO SEQUEL TIME! This is a short 3 chapter sequel but I'm so excited for this lol)

When Lenny woke up on his and Laney's birthday, he wasn't expecting a lot of things.

Like for Laney to be freaking out and packing her things to leave town, not giving any explanation to him and Carrie.

For his sister to then be asking to talk to Mina and uncovering the cupcake poisoning plot.

For Laney to then sneak out while he and Carrie yelled at Mina over the phone.

But Lenny knew she'd went to band practice, Kin texted to confirm.

And she still showed up to the gig that night, a lot better than she had been that morning.

A lot happier.

She met up with him and Carrie before the show and apologised for her behaviour that morning, because she knew she freaked them out.

Since Mina was a bigger problem, that morning was forgotten about and plans were made to get back at Trina.

Laney headed to the stage and the gig went on, and it was great.

She said she'd stay behind to talk to the owner and Lenny got a lift with Carrie to get home.

Not even ten minutes later, they were rushing back over and she was frantically calling Laney because the serial killer was close to her location.

The news had reported someone tried to kill him, but the bullets hadn't hit him anywhere fatal and he'd escaped.

And he specifically targeted redheads.

Lenny and Carrie were terrified and she drove like a mad woman back to the place.

They got there before the police did and both nearly had a heart attack after seeing Laney lying on the stage.

But she quickly sat up when they shouted, and she laughed.

"I'm okay, I'm okay! I killed him, I'm fine."

Lenny and Carrie hugged her for a very long time, both relieved they hadn't arrived to her dead body.

Even if he had to deal with their parents and his sister nearly died, it wasn't a totally bad birthday.

...

Lenny woke up the day after his birthday to his phone ringing.

He groaned and picked up without even checking who it was. "Hello?"

"Dude!" Kin's excited voice yelled from the other end. "You gotta come over to the school later with the rest of us guys!"

This wasn't an unusual invite, him and the dudes in Grojband did hang out a lot more since the two bands finally put their differences aside.

Not ideal being woken up by one of these invites, but whatever.

Lenny got up out of bed. "After band practice?"

"Yeah, I've been working on something and I wanna test it out and show you guys. But don't tell Kim, or any of the girls actually, they'll tell her."

"Is this something that could kill us?"

"No! No, nothing like that, just...something Kim strongly advised me not to do and I did it anyway, so..."

This was a tricky position since Kim was one of his best friends and one of his bandmates who he'd have to face for a good while before going to this.

But he still sighed and gave in, no matter how much he was dreading this. "Okay, I won't say anything and I'll meet you guys there."

"Cool! Thanks, Len, see you later!"