21. Enemy

Bad for Business / Viserys Targaryen Out now!!

The rest of the journey home was a silent one. Satori avoided Ned and stayed by Joffrey. Sandor didnt leave the little prick either. No more sending sandor off, this wouldnt have happened if he was with you, Satori had told Joffrey again and again. Joffrey rolled his eyes, he didnt like having a baby sitter but she was right. Mothers usually were.

Ned glanced to satori when they arrived but she was ushered in past the guards while ned was stopped at the gates.

"Welcome, Lord Stark. Grand Maester Pycelle has called a meeting of the Small Council. The honor of your presence is requested."

"Get the girls settled in. I'll be back in time for supper. And, Jory, you go with them." Ned instructed.

"Yes, my Lord." Jory agreed leading Arya and Sansa inside.

"If you'd like to change into something more appropriate..." the guard offered. Ned Stark gave the guard a blank stare before taking off his gloves, the guard realized Ned's disinterest in changing, he wanted to get to work, and the two began walking to the council chamber. First they walk through the Great Hall, where the throne sat. Ned hadnt seen it in years. Jaime Lannister was lingering in front of the throne.

'Thank the gods you were here stark' Jaime said sitting alone in the throne room, 'it's about time we had some stern northern leader ship'

'Glad to see you are protecting throne,' Ned said, a hint of sarcasm in his voice

"Its good to be home." Satori remarked.

"Are you done with your little northern crush after the kerfuffle with the wolves?" Cersei questioned.

"No idea what you mean." Satori countered.

'Sturdy old thing. How many kings houses have posted it I wonder...' Jaime looked him over a smug look on his face. 'I heard there was trouble on the kings road.'

'Very handsome armor' Ned noted instead. 'not a scratch on it.'

'well people have been swinging at me for years but they always seem to miss.' Jaime informed him.

'You've chosen your opponents wisely then.' ned marked

'I have a knack for it,' Jaime assured him, the men stared each other down, assessing the other.

"If jaime finds out-" cersei began.

"There is nothing to find out." Satori countered nudging Joffrey along he was mumbling about scars. "Nothing happened. I dont want anything to happen. Whats done is done. Lets leave all the drama in the north. Where it belongs." Cersei hummed in return. She didnt believe it was over or else satori wouldnt be avoiding ned in hopes that feelings didnt surface.

"it must be strange for you coming into this room...' Jaime noted 'standing right here where it went down, you're very brave your father too, he didn't deserve to die like that. Nobody deserves to die like that-'

'You just stood there and watched' Ned remembered.

'500 men just stood there and watched' Jaime corrected 'all the great knights of the seven kingdoms and you think anyone said a word, lifted a finger? No one...  500 men and this room was silent as a crypt except for the screams of course. And the mad king laughing. And I watched the mad king die.' Jaime informed Ned.  'I remember him laughing as your father burned,' Jaime went on 'it felt like justice.'

'Is that what you tell yourself at night? You are a servant of justice, that you were avenging my father when you stabbed your sword in the Targaryen's back?'