I paint a smile on my face, preparing to walk out of the bathroom, but my eyes are pealed to the mirror.

I didn't even look like myself,
I had pitch black hair when it used to be such a pretty honey brown, my eyes blood shot red, my lips getting paler as the weeks go by.

I shake my head, trying to get rid of the thoughts that always linger.

I start making my way outside, pausing at the window.
The sight of Evie and Tracy in full out drag needed to be appreciated from afar.

I open the sliding door just a crack before I hear birdie's voice, "Is that my belt? Evie." She looked the brunette up and down.

"Yup.", she said, making her way toward Mason. My foot is halfway out door, but something told me to stop. Something made me stop.

"Mas, do have more film?" Evie bends over the boy to grab a piece of fruit, "wanna take some pictures of us?" She plops the fruit in her mouth.

She looks around, as if she was looking to see if was near. When she didn't find what she was looking for, she takes a seat on his lap.

I feel a piece of my heart break off, the way he's facing I can't see his face from the window, but I can sure see her. Her bedroom eyes as she gets comfortable on his lap.

I hold my chest, feeling the tears coming up.

I slam the door shut, I run into Tracy's room, trying my best to hold myself together incase someone walks in.
I couldn't let Tracy see me like this, I would have to explain myself. That's something I just can't take right now.

I throw everything into my duffel bag, each item getting more wrinkled as I bunch them into the bag.

I take a double look around, looking to see if I've left anything here.

I throw my bag over my shoulder, starting to walk out of the front door.

Finally time to go home, I thought. I leave Tracy's home not knowing if I'd ever see it again, ever see her brother again.

How can someone sit there expecting me to tell the world we're together, when I'm not even the girl he wants. How dare he tell me a sob story of 'waiting for the right time' when he'd been really waiting on Evie.

The thoughts scramble in my brain, my vision is blurry with tears as I walk home.

I can't believe I fell for that, it's always been Evie.

Why did I ever think that would change?

I walk up my front steps, my face soaked, unlocking my door to reveal my mother, on top of some man.

I'm so angry I don't even have time to say a word to her, walking right past the two into my room.

Something I hadn't seen in a while, I shut the door behind me, placing my duffel bag by my feet.

I shift my head to look at my window, the same window Mason climbed through. The same day we sat in my bed for hours watching movies.

"Ali, I didn't know you liked this movie." Mason turned his head, taking his attention off the tv screen infront of him.

"Maze runner? Who doesn't love this movie?" I snort, putting my attention back on the screen.

"Most people just watch it for Dylan O'Brien." He shrugged, I purse my lips.

I hold in a laugh as I freeze, he slowly turns his head to look at me, "ALI!" He shouted,
"are you serious?"

"What?" I laughed, holding up my hands in defence.