C22

Xu Xinghe woke up feeling uncomfortable.

He’s not that uncomfortable, but it feels like he’s in a daze, and there is an inexplicable sense of heart palpitations and dizziness.

But his temperature is normal and there is no pain.

He didn’t care too much. Attributing the discomfort to not having a good rest last night, he went to work as usual after having breakfast.

Today is Gamma Galaxy’s Union Day, and the annual state banquet will be held at the Prosperity Palace at 6:30 p.m.

undefinedIn the early morning, all media outlets began reporting the event, introducing important attendees.

Among them, news of Marshal Ling’s participation spread like wildfire, and suddenly became the focus of public opinion.

Ark’s lounge became lively again.

“Have you heard? Marshal Ling is sure to attend tonight’s state banquet!”

“Then will Xu Xinghe go with him? It didn’t say on the news.”

“Not necessarily, I met him in the parking lot today. The expression on his face is not very good – if he’s going to the state banquet, why is he still coming to work today?”

“I think he’ll go. Don’t they have a good relationship? There’s no reason for them not to attend this important occasion together.”

“Because this is an important occasion and Xu Xinghe’s marriage to Marshal Ling is after his divorce, understand? Besides, General Mu will also be there. Isn’t it embarrassing if they meet?”

“There are hundreds of people, the venue is so big, they may not be able to meet even if they go. How can there be so many things? And if they do meet, it’s not for sure who’ll be embarrassed.”

“Speaking of which, isn’t General Mu engaged to his little lover? Will he bring his fiancé to the state banquet?”

“Who knows, let’s wait to watch the live broadcast.”

Xu Xinghe’s expression was really uneasy.

His spine is sore and numb, and his limbs were very weak.

He didn’t have energy and didn’t eat much for lunch.

But when he took his temperature and had a quick checkup at the Ark’s infirmary during the lunch break, there were no problems found.

“Team leader, are you alright?”

Ethan paused slightly when he passed by, and pushed up his glasses. “Are you feeling okay? Why don’t you go back and rest for a while. There’s not much work anyway. Just leave it to me, Xiao Zhou, and the others.”

“I’m fine.” Xu Xinghe rubbed his temples and shook his head. “I’ve been to the infirmary, and the doctor said it’s fine, don’t worry.”

At half past three, Team Leader Xu replied to the last work email. Seeing that the time was almost up, he turned off his terminal and prepared to leave.

Just as he got up and put on his coat, he heard a commotion outside the door.

As soon as he looked up, the chief secretary appeared at the door and looked at him with a smile. “Please come with me.”

Xu Xinghe: “…”

Ling Changfeng only said that he would send someone to pick him up, but he didn’t tell himself who it was!

Under the everyone’s thoughtful gazes, Evelyn swiped the card and led him to the VIP elevator, taking it straight up to the top floor of the building.