VI: POISONOUS CUPS

Zacznij od początku

Dressed in Targaryen blood red with black detailing, as he looked at Rhaenya and Daenerys. "Does that not go against Dragonlore? Neither of us are bonded to Sunfyre" Rhaenya said remembering the stories Viserys told them. "I am, I am bonded with Sunfyre, and I trust the both of you, surely he won't mind if I'm there with you" Aegon said walking to them. "Would you want to?" Aegon asked holding out his hand. Daenerys looked from Aegon to her sister, this was not something for her, she knew. She knew this—whatever Aegon and Rhaenya had—needed to be between them. "No, the only dragon I shall fly is Drogon" Daenerys said as she stepped back. "But I am sure Rhaenya wants to" she said as she pushed her sister forward.

Rhaenya looked at her sister before turning to Aegon. "Promise to not let me drop from the skies" she said and Aegon smiled. "Promise" he said as she took his hand and he helped her on the saddle of Sunfyre, who shook his scales slightly, to rid them of the sand he had been laying on. Her pinkish dress flowed over the saddle as Aegon settled behind her, holding the reigns. "Ready?" he asked as Rhaenya nodded as he wrapped one arm around her waist before Sunfyre took to the skies.

Rhaenya squealed as Sunfyre took to the skies, his golden scales glistered beautifully as Aegon stirred Sunfyre through the skies, a big smile on her face as she closed her eyes in enjoyment. "This is wonderful!" she said turning her head back to look at Aegon who seemed more at ease now on dragonback than he did on the ground. Daenerys looked from the ground to the skies as Sunfyre flew around, Drogon croaking a small roar in her arms as Viserion roared in delight.

Aegon smiled as he flew around with Rhaenya and Sunfyre for a moment longer, everything forgotten what had happened, and what had happened to him in his previous life. He was in the moment, a moment shared with Rhaenya who he loved he had come to realise as he saw her gloating on dragonback, no doubt waiting for the day Viserion was large enough to fly as well. Aegon eventually landed Sunfyre on the ground again as the dragon roared and shook the ground as Rhaenya smiled.

She slid down to the ground as Viserion flew to her, and Aegon landed beside her. "That was amazing, Aegon!" she said before wrapping her arms around his neck. Viserion cooed as he stood at their feet. Aegon smiled as well as he held Rhaenya, hiding in the crook of her neck as he hugged her tightly. He never wanted to let her go and his fears started to crash down on him before he released her and gave her a small nod as he turned back to Sunfyre who noticed his rider's change.

Rhaenya blinked a few times before she walked away, feeling like Aegon might need a moment to himself as she too noted the sudden change. Rhaenya found Daenerys and excitedly told her about the flight. "I cannot wait for Drogon and Viserion to be large enough, we could fly together" she said as she sat on the cushions on the ground as she looked at her sister. Daenerys smiled at her younger twin, they had always been close, they had been twins after all. But between the two of them, Rhaenya was much more the dreamer and dragonrider it seemed, although Daenerys bond with her own dragon was close it did not compare to the love Rhaenya seemed to have for them, even being accepted by Sunfyre to ride along.

"Maybe one day, sister" Daenerys said, she did hope maybe one day, and when that day came, she had hoped they would take back the Iron Throne. The sun had slowly started to set, and Jorah and Grey Worm had gone with Daario. Aegon had not returned yet, and Rhaenya started to worry for him as well. "Do not fret, my Queen" Barristan said when he saw the concern on Rhaenya's face. "All will be well" he said, and she nodded as she paced back and forth.

In truth, Aegon didn't return for various reasons as he stayed with Sunfyre. His fear of losing Rhaenya, of his life here, and now years and years after he was born and lived his first life. He was much better now, a better man and even found better people to surround himself with. He could not imagine, not being around Rhaenya. Perhaps he should confess that to her, he thought. He was too afraid, afraid of everything.

While Aegon was pacing before Sunfyre, breathing quickly and heavily all at the same time, he was suddenly stopped as soft hands rested on his face. He slightly flinched, as he remembered how his mother would always grip his face before slapping him, scolding him for Gods knew what.

"Are you alright?" Rhaenya asked as she looked at Aegon, scanning his face as he opened his eyes. His eyes had been a soft royal purple colour which shined brighter at night when the full moon's light beamed down just right to let his eyes glister like Sunfyre's scales did in the sun. "I am" Aegon lied but Rhaenya didn't believe his lie. "Tell me" she asked as she gently held his face still. Aegon watched her, scanning her face as he looked for a reason not to tell her.

"I do not know how I got here, and I have been here nearly six moons now" he started as he looked at her. "In that time, I have found a love I never knew I would feel, love for you" he confessed, and she gave him a small smile of appreciation. "I have found love for you too" she said, her heart swelling as she looked at him, wondering if a fear of confession was what plagued him so. "But with the love I found, I have also found fear" Aegon said as he looked at her, her hands dropped from his face as they rested on his shoulders. "Fear?" she asked as she looked at him. "Yes, not fear for you, but at the same time yes" Aegon said before he shook his head.

"I have a fear of losing you. I do not know how I got here, and I do not know if whatever took me here, will take me back" Aegon confessed. "I fear of losing you, and everything I come to find here, century after all the mistakes I have made" Aegon said as he looked at Rhaenya. She nodded, understanding his fear, she too feared the same. "Before—" Aegon started as he took a deep breath. "The moment before I got here, I took poison" Aegon confessed.

"I had lost everything and everyone I cared for; my brothers, my sisters, my nephews, even my mother who did nothing but blame me for all the misfortunes of our house, and my grandsire who thought a firm hand would get me in shape to be King" Aegon said as he took a step back, letting Rhaenya's hands fall to her sides. "I told Lord Corlys Velaryon to make Aegon, Rhaenyra's son, the new King with my niece by his side, but I damned her to an unhappy marriage and an early grave apparently, after I already ruined the poor boy's life by feeding his mother to Sunfyre" Aegon said as tears appeared in his eyes, threatening to spill down his cheek.

"I am not a good man, Rhaenya, and I do not deserve your love. I have killed and I have usurped my own sister" Aegon said. "What brother—no, what man does that?" Aegon asked, softly crying, and whimpering at the painful memories. Rhaenya watched him, her soft features made her look angelic, and she reminded him of Helaena. With the same soft eyes and the kind-hearted personality, it felt like she too had been reborn, but there had been a fierceness to her as well as Aegon saw her eyes gleam when they rode Sunfyre or when she became angry with the bastard who insulted her when they freed the Unsullied.

"I am not a good woman either" she said to him as he fell to his knees, looking up to her. "I often wish to burn everyone who has done me, or my family harm. From Viserys to the Baratheon cunt who killed Rhaegar. But we are Targaryens" she said as she walked closer to him again, dropping to her own knees before him as she held his face once more. "We do not need to be men or women, we need to be dragons, and dragons do not apologise when they claim the throne that is theirs, when they claim their home once more from usurpers" Rhaenya said before she carefully kissed Aegon.

He grabbed onto her waist, pulling her closer as if he was afraid, she would disappear. She pulled slightly back as he rested his forehead against hers. "Nor should they apologise for who they love" she said before kissing him again.

✬✬✬

i do not have time for slowburn relationships when its about aegon