Chapter Five

"I didn't agree to this," I whispered and yelled, "Natalia, you can't break your friends out of prison."

"Technically, it's not a prison, so why not?" She casually questioned, keeping her posture calm as she just waltz into an unfamiliar place.

"Because you'd have to do it legally," I answered making her halt in her tracks before she turned to me.

Furrowing her eyebrows, she bore her eyes on me. "You didn't do it legally, what's the difference?"

"It's different in my case. You guys are famous people known by every law while for me, I'm just a nobody, my only advantage is that I'm not in every news report, nor the newspaper or even on the internet. You have to do it legally, Natalia."

"You're a criminal yet you're talking about laws," she muttered.

"What's got my reputation to do with this now?" I retorted, getting annoyed by how she talked. Natalia looked back at me again, eyebrows furrowed together as she scoffed. I didn't like that. "Fine, if you want to do it illegally then why not get people's attention?" I snapped at her before pulling the gun from the inner pocket of my jacket and directly shooting at one of the CCTV up the ceiling.

"Did you just shoot a CCTV?!" She exclaimed, glaring at me while the commotion started to grow.

"Yeah, why?" I shrugged, smirking at her before turning to a nearby wall and punching the fire alarm. Natalia stood there, frozen to what I just caused, jaw clenching as she continued to shoot daggers at me. "Illegally," I mouthed before passing through one of the emergency exits.

As the fire alarms rang continuously, people running constantly around hallways, I saw an elderly woman on my way out who seemed to be at a loss. So I approached her.

"Excuse me, ma'am, do you somehow need some help?" I was yelling at this point, smiling sweetly at the old lady.

"Yes, can you help?" She tried her best to speak loud but I didn't need a response, what I just needed from her was the jewelry around her neck and the hat that she was wearing — both helpful in living survival.

"Well, ma'am the building's about to explode at any second now, so may I escort you out?" I offered again, without waiting for any response as I finally attached her hat to my head, partly hiding my face from anyone.

Conscience? No, I don't have that. But, manners? I have lots.

No one's POV

"No, you did not," A man before Natalia spoke which she glared at.

"Trust me, I hate it as much as you do, Barton," She stated, walking off before her best friend could say something a lot worse.

"Where's Rogers?" He catches up with the assassin.

"I don't know," She answered, both carefully checking their surroundings for anything suspicious.

"Aren't you two have contact with each other?" Clint continued, making Natasha eye him back.

"I-"

"It's absurd that you expect Cap to call her but not me," Another voice cuts in before Natasha could finish what she was about to say.

"Sam," Natasha addressed, glancing at him for a quick second which he nodded to, before sending Clint a glare of warning.

"Do we have a plan?" Clint questioned.

"Yeah, escape."

A week later.

"Tony's not gonna like this," Sam mumbled, arms crossed in front of his chest while standing at the very far end of the room.

"The question is where is he?" Clint added, who was sitting on a chair, fiddling with his arrows.

"He's somewhere on an island in Hawaii," Sam sighed.

"We have to fix this without him," the ex-assassin affirmed, eyebrows furrowed together as she was thinking thoroughly.

"How we're all criminals," Sam pointed out.

Though they're not criminals, it was just the accord that broke them up to pieces, they still needed everyone's head on the game and try to trust one another if they still wanted to continue fighting.

"We were just saving people," Clint was more of reminding himself now as the room completely went silent after Sam's interjection.

"No, we were fighting about something we could've just sat down and talked about, but we didn't," Nat concluded, still feeling a little hurt about this breakup thing, plus she has you worrying about her now.
"And I'm on the run."

"Yeah, and we thought you were with Steve on the run together" Clint retorted, causing Natasha to look at him with a glare.

Rolling her eyes. "He's probably with Barnes. I never saw him again after Germany."

"I'm gonna give him a call," Sam decided, as he immediately walked out of the room with his phone in his hand.

"This isn't even as big as before, T'Challa already called a truce against us, it's just Secretary Ross now. Reasoning and affiliations would do," Clint. "Maybe Fury can even handle this on his own."

Clint continued talking in the background, thinking someone was still listening to him, but somehow along the way, Natasha had already drifted away to her own mind space. Clint took notice of this and he was quick to pull her out of it, calling her boyfriend's name over and over again until he got her attention.

"You okay?" He was concerned.

Natasha paused for a moment, "Uh, yeah, just, Uhm, lost a bit out there, but I'm fine now," She assured, plastering a quick simple smile.

Clint knew something was bothering Natasha but he also knew when to not push her, so he just dropped it and smiled back.

Sam came back a moment after that, "Fury's outside—,"

"How did he get in?" Clint wondered.

"—and he's with Cap."

╼ ⚮ ╾