06 | clear favoritism

Okaeri┆ ⤿ ⌗

Okaeri┆ ⤿ ⌗

      "It'd be an honour to steal you first kiss," He whispered, his softened gaze dropped to your lips with a substratum of intensity. Even though this made you incredibly flustered, you weren't going to fall for it again,

So instead, you punched him straight across the jaw. "Ow! Chill out I was joking," He pouted as he rubbed his stinging cheek.

You huffed and got up from the floor, dusting yourself and throwing all the stray basketballs back into the cart, pushing it inside the storage room and locking it,

After that you turned off the lights of the court, stepping out along with Satoru before locking the door behind you.

The rocks crunched under your shoes as the two of you walked outside the school, you were still flustered from his previous actions, which unfortunately- Satoru noticed, giving him another opportunity to pick on you, "Aw don't be so embarrassed now [y/n]-chan," He grinned.

You groaned, slightly pushing him, "Leave me alone! the only thing I'm embarrassed by is your lame attempt at being flirty,"

He chuckled, swinging his arms around you, "Nah. I'm one sexy motherfucker,"

"Said nobody ever." you countered, "Shut up, you're always staring at me." He squeezed his arms around your shoulder, making you slap his forearms. "Yeah, the longer I share the uglier you get and that's funny,"

He scoffed, loosening his grip on you, "Fuck you," He muttered, you smirked and brushed your lips against his wrist that rested on you, "If you insist," You looked up at him with a mischievous glint.

Satoru's eyes widened as he stared down at you, looking away and coughing into his jacket, "W-whatever.." He sneakily brushed his free hand against his rapidly beating heart, he didn't think you'd actually flirt back.

You laughed loudly, it mixing into the nighttime,

"It's so dark," He commented after a moment, you hummed as you looked around. "Shine your neon blue orbs then king." You joked, making him wheeze.

Suddenly a thought flashed in your mind, "Wow. I was supposed to be mad at you," Satoru calmed himself down and peered down at you carefully, you seemed pretty neutral. "Well, are you?" He asked.

You hummed, you had fun today and you lost count of how many times you laughed until your stomach was aching, it'd be hard to stay mad at him, "Not really."

He mentally cheered, taking a breath of relief, "That's good to hear," he chuckled,

"You're walking me home today or something?"

"Yeah,"

( next day ! ✮ )

You always noticed how whenever the bell rang in the school, it always lingered for an extra five minutes due to the fact that the school was mostly always empty,

The sound of Yaga tapping the stack of papers against his desk filled your ears, along with Satoru and Suguru conversing about something.

The gargantuan dude (real ones know the reference) cleared his throat, indicating he needed his student's attention,

"Your final exams are approaching, I hope you'll start preparing diligently." He announced,

The three of you looked at each other simultaneously, you guys did not see that coming.

The teacher sighed upon this, "That's all.. good luck." The trio concerned him in many ways but they were smart students so he didn't care much about the fact that they forgot the most important exams of their year,

"So who's place are we studying in?" Satoru asked as soon as you stepped out of the school grounds, "Why?" Suguru asked, you nodded along.

The white haired guy shrugged, "We can do a study group thing, ya know.."

You and Suguru looked at each other, sighing and turning back towards him with a bored expression, "And why should we do a study group?" you asked simultaneously,

He was shocked at your synchronization, it felt like you guys were always plotting something against him, deciding to dismiss it for now, "For bonding!"

With a scoff you kicked stray rocks, "As if I'd wanna bond with you," you pooh-poohed is suggestion, making your long haired companion laugh, "Yeah, right."

Satoru looked at the two of you like you just said the most heinous statement known to mankind, "Uhm, hello? clear favoritism here!" He sassily whined,

After a while of continuous pestering you finally agreed.

"Okay it's decided then, let's do it in [y/n]'s place,"

"Woah, what the hell? why mine?"

author's note -!
I'm cooking something...

idk if I wanna publish it

I hope you voted btw