Chapter 201 - For His Sake

Start from the beginning

“Yeah, and I’m used to it. Sometimes I have to stay up
several nights in a row. Can’t have the criminals outlasting us now, can we?” Rohit smiled slyly as he winked suggestively at Shehnaaz.

Shehnaaz could not resist laughing at that. She walked out
of the room, shaking with laughter, and returned to Sidharth’s official residence.

Rohit entered the room and placed the confession in front of Sidharth with a sigh. “Sir, how are you going to deal with this?”

Sidharth picked up the confession and skimmed it. His eyes swept over the names in it. He said impassively: “These names—they’re the ones who helped Devika Gandhi steal the prop photos from the archives?”

“Yes. You can see that they are all from the Prime Minister’s social circle. Some of them only entered the Special Ops because of the Prime Minister’s connections.” Rohit circled a few names. “This guy, this guy, and this guy—they were in charge of filing and archiving prop photos back then. Mrs. Gandhi was worried about her daughter, so… she used her connections to ask for a copy of the photos.”

“Mrs. Gandhi? So you’re saying Prime Minister Gandhi had no idea what was going on?” Deepak frowned. “But the First Lady is famous for her charity work. It may be difficult to punish her.”

“Heh, do you really believe Prime Minister Gandhi knew nothing about it? Well, it doesn’t matter. He’ll never admit to it now.” Rohit tossed the pen in his hand into the air, before catching it and twirling it between his fingers. “In any case, the men who smuggled confidential documents out of the Special Ops will definitely have to be removed from their positions and punished.”

Sidharth scanned the names. He nodded. “Luckily for us, these men are all in the civil service, working desk jobs. They’ve never been involved in an actual mission.” He handed the list to Rohit. “We’ll act at once. Arrest
them and bring them to justice.”

These individuals were all internal members of the Special
Operations Forces and had violated the Special Ops command–so Sidharth had the authority to arrest them directly.

“Roger Chief!” Rohit accepted the order and quickly made arrangements to carry out the arrests.

It was early morning of January 2nd. A thin man in a black coat arrived to a residential building and led several other people to knock on the door of the property management. They presented documents and quickly got on an elevator to the 12th floor. The doorbell rang to rouse someone up from their dreams, who then opened the door groggily.

“Dinesh Dayal? This is your arrest warrant, you’re coming
with us.” The man in plainclothes stood outside the door and waved the documents, waking Dinesh
immediately. He stepped back with vigilance, “What are you
doing? I belong to the Special Operations Forces!”

“You’re suspected of stealing confidential intelligence from the Special Operations Forces database and have been
arrested.”

Dinesh blanched immediately, he truly never thought the incident would come to light six or seven later…

At the same time, numerous people were taken from the
residential homes in C City and the Imperial capital the early
morning hours to enter the interrogation process. At first,
the people had no idea what was happening and thought they were being framed. But when the personnel who arrested them mentioned something about Devika Gandhi’s photos, they collectively froze. Each face grew ashy and legs trembled as nearly every single of them had to be carried away on a gurney.