Chapter 3

A few weeks have gone by since my encounter with Max. Each week I seem to see him a little more. Maybe Adam was right, maybe he did like me. It was the morning of Dynamite, and I had just woken up. I decided to slip a hoodie on over my tank top and go downstairs to eat breakfast before getting ready for the day.

I went through the breakfast line and loaded my plate with food. I was starving since I didn't get to eat much yesterday.

I walked over to one of the corner tables and sat down. I quickly ate my breakfast and went back to get another cup of coffee. Max walks over to the drink table and stands next to me as I pour my coffee.

"Aren't you going to eat?" He asks

"I already did, I woke up starving, so I came down earlier than everyone else,"

"I didn't think you were a morning person,"

"I'm not, I'm contemplating going back upstairs and going back to sleep for a while,"

"You can, we don't have to be at the building until 2, it's only a little after 8,"

"I probably won't be able to go back to sleep, I'm used to my bed and having something to snuggle with,"

"I mean I could snuggle with you, to help you sleep,"

"No it's okay, I know you're going to the gym after breakfast,"

"I think I can make an exception for you,"

"Max, I know you have a crush on me,"

"How do you know? Adam told you didn't he,"

"I overheard you talking a few weeks ago,"

He sighs, " I know you probably don't feel the same, but yes, I like you,"

"Max, I like you too, I'm just scared to date again,"

"I am too,"

"Let's just take things slow, okay?"

He nods, "I promise, I'm not just trying to get you to sleep with me, I genuinely like you,"

"I know, I was hesitant at first when I found out you liked me, because I know you've had that mindset in the past."

"I have, but I genuinely want a relationship now, not just sex. That happens whenever we're ready,"

"It'll be a while, just so you know,"

"That's fine, I'm in no rush,"

"Is it too late to take you up on the offer to snuggle?"

"Nope, let me eat and I'll come up to your room,"

I smile, "I'm in room 312"

"Sounds good beautiful, I'll see you in a bit,"

I walk up to my room and try to clean it up a bit before Max comes in. I take off my hoodie and put it back in my suitcase. After about 10 minutes, I hear a knock on the door. I walk over to the door and open it to see Max standing outside.

"Damn you look beautiful," he says

"I'm wearing the same thing I was earlier,"

"Still, you're hot,"

"Are you going to keep hitting on me or come snuggle?"

"can I pick both?"

I shake my head, ""you're too much max,"

He laughs, "I'll behave, I promise."

"Good,"

I lay down in bed, and he curls up next to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "This okay?"

"This is perfect,"