Mistakes

Emma stood watching Sean as he worked to assemble the two baby cribs.

"I know they won't be here for several months but with school out for break now would be the best time to start setting up."

"I don't mind, actually getting to put the stuff together for my pregnant girlfriend...it's like being part of an actual expecting family."

"It's so sexy watching you do manly stuff like work your tools."

"Sorry to ruin the show but this right here is the end." He said as he screwed in the last screw. He looked up to see her staring at the cribs.

"Guess they really are coming huh?"

"I mean I hope so otherwise that means this is all you." He teased lifting her shirt slightly showing her belly. She playfully slapped his hand away. He went to return the tools to his tool box that was sitting on her desk when something caught his eye. "Hey Em...what are these?"

She turned to look but she felt a heavy feeling in her chest when she saw what he was holding, the bracelets she got from Jay at the ravine. "They...just some bracelets from around school, few girls are wearing them."

"Really? Cau-cause they look a lot like the bands Jay gave out to the girls he did stuff with. But wh-why would you have them?" His voice got more frantic and Emma knew at this point she had to be truthful.

"After you left...I started hanging out with...Jay briefly."

"Jay though?" His voice was not only more frantic but getting louder.

"You left!"

"I gotta go!" He grabbed his toolbox and ascended the stairs. Briefly after she could hear the front door shut loudly. She should've told him she thought to herself as her eyes started getting teary. She took out her phone and began calling.

Paige sat in her room once again strumming with her guitar. She had actually written several songs lately, though they were all about the same subject and the sane person. She felt a combination of upset that no one would ever hear them and scared that some how they'd get out and everyone would know what's going on with her. She was snapped out of it by her phone ringing.

"Hello"

"Paige, Sean and I just had a fight."

"Oh! I mean oh?" She tries to hide the excitement in her voice with concern but she couldn't ignore that her friend was crying.

"He found out me and Jay were hanging out while he was away. He...he found the bracelets."

"Guess he didn't take it well?"

"How could I been so stupid? I should've got rid of them."

"Emma it was going to get out eventually."

"Do...do you think he'll want to...break up?"

This comment caught her off guard. She could encourage her to break up first and it would be Sean's fault.

"Em I...I don't think it will come to that. Most guys are idiots but eventually they come around. Sean is a good guy just give him time."

"You really think so?"

"Hey after everything you two have been through I don't think this will be a problem long term."

"You remember when I was too nervous to ask him and you got him to sign the petition to put tampon dispensers in the bathrooms?"

Dammit that was me, she thought to herself if only she could see how much that decision would be causing her grief now.

"Yeah you two were so cute together in an awkward way."

They continued talking for awhile before eventually hanging up. Paige knew what she had to do now even if she was unhappy about it. She left the house knowing where she had to go.

Sean was sitting on the couch in his apartment. He felt betrayed at both Emma and Jay. How could she not have told him and why did she keep the bracelets. His thoughts were interrupted by knocking at the door. He barely had the door open when Paige forced her way in.

"Okay what the hell is wrong with you?"

"Please come in." He said sarcastically.

"Getting into an argument with Emma? In her current situation?"

"She hooked up with my friend and never told me!"

"You left!"

"Because I was going through a lot of difficult issues, I needed time away!"

"Oh...yeah I'm sure you were going through a lot after what happened...try going through that after being assaulted, having a gun aimed at you and having all your hormones turn against you!"

"I...I didn't think about that."

"Look..." the tone of her voice changed, it became more calm and sympathetic. "I'm sorry for what you went through with the gun, Emma was dealing with a lot to and maybe she didn't handle it well. But you also know she wouldn't purposely hurt you."

"I know...how's she doing?"

"Upset obviously. Scared because she thinks you'll ditch her over this."

"I couldn't do that."

"You're not a horrible guy, call her up and tell her what you told me and work it out with her."

"I will."

Paige went for the door, opened it and stepped through the door way, before leaving she turned around again. "I pushed her to ask you out years ago, don't make me regret that..." she closed the door once she was on the other side. "anymore than I already do."
===================
Authors note: as usual let me know what you think and any ideas for what you may like to see, also if you want to contact I'm on the app.