004. 𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯

Start from the beginning

Freya watched as the man began foaming at the mouth, whatever poison he ingested acting quickly. "Hail Hydra" were the man's final words.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

"Think you got enough?" Steve sighed, as a nurse took another of his blood.

"Any hope of reproducing the program is locked in your genetic code. But without Dr.Erskine, it would take years" Agent Carter told him.

"He deserved more than this" Steve said.

"Steve" Freya said, her voice soft as she walked over to him, gently placing her hand on his arm. "I spent many hours with Eskrine, talking with him about my home. About his serum. I know it might not be much of a comfort now, but you should know, this was his life's work. And he was more than thrilled that it had been you who received the serum."

Steve looked up at her, a hint of a smile on his face. Her words were more of a comfort than she realized.

Both of them turned around, hearing Senator Brandt and Colonel Phillips arguing just outside.

"Colonel Phillips, my committee is demanding answers," Brandt said.

"Great. Why don't we start with how a German spy got a ride to my secret installation in your car?" Philips said.

Making their way out to where they were talking, Steve, Freya, and Agent Carter heard the tail end of their conversation.

"Hydra is the Nazi deep science division. It's led by Johann Schmidt. But he has much bigger ambitions. Freya here has given us intel that he has his hands on something very powerful" Agent Carter said.

"Hydra is practically a cult. They worship Schmidt. They think he's invincible" Philips said.

"So what are you going to do about it?" Brandt asked.

"We're going to go find Schmidt and kill him. And I will be taking the relic back to Asgard with me" Freya said but Colonel Philips ignored her as he turned to Agent Carter.

"As of today, the SSR is being retasked. We are taking the fight to Hydra. Pack your bags, Agent Carter. You, too, Stark. We're flying to London tonight" he said.

"Sir? If you're going after Schmidt, I want it" Steve said.

"You're an experiment. You're going to Alamogordo" Philips told him.

"The serum worked," Steve said.

"I asked for an army and all I got was you. You are not enough" Philips said.

"Well what about Freya?" he asked.

"As far as I'm concerned, she was another experiment Erskine kept like a pet who belongs in an asylum," Philips said before he walked away.

Freya rolled her eyes, done trying to prove herself to people who didn't want her help. She had a mission, one she was going to do with or without their help.

"With all due respect to the Colonel, I think we may be missing the point," Brandt said as he walked up to Steve. "I've seen you in action, Steve. More importantly, the country's seen it. The enlistment lines have been around the block since your picture hit the newsstands. You don't take a soldier, a symbol like that, and hide him in a lab. Son, do you want to serve your country on the most important battlefield of the war?"

"Sir, that's all I want," Steve said.

"Then, congratulations," Brandt said, shaking his head. "You just got promoted."

As the senior left the room, Freya walked up to Steve.

"Steve. I don't have time for your people to decide to trust me or to do this on their own. I have to find Schmidt" she told him.